Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to give this advice to everyone so they don't make the same mistakes i did, i don't believe they are a bad option for someone who doesn't use this saw for reliance, or for a business. But a novelty purchase for once in awhile use, specialty use, a backup, or to tinker with. But please do yourself a favor and buy it from a reputable sales place and purchase the insurance plan to make sure you are covered, because this company will not help you in the least bit.
But please do yourself a favor and buy it from a reputable sales place and purchase the insurance plan to make sure you are covered, because this company will not help you in the least bit.

Do yourself a favor and don't buy anything from china that has been pirated, there are plenty of old saws out there that would serve the purpose made in Sweden, Germany, the US or even Brazil that would be a much better alternative. Buying from the country that brought you Covid 19 is like paying for the bullet they will use to kill you.
Don't be a DUMBASS!

Several. Five that I'm friends with right now, right off the top of my head.
Several. Five that I'm friends with right now, right off the top of my head.
Wow Five, Either you live with a goddess, or you may be testosterone deficient. Any four out of five would be fair game for me.

I am only 66, she thought that I would slow down someday. I was told that when the lovin' stops, that is when you start dying.

I am only 66, she thought that I would slow down someday. I was told that when the lovin' stops, that is when you start dying.
You start dying the day you are born actually. No one is here forever and that includes you so make the best of it because all good things come to an end.

Cody looked like he didn't tighten the winch down to the mount properly in that video. Too many other folks who abuse those winches day in and day out in a commercial setting and have zero issues for me to believe Wranglerstar.

Mine has also been perfect, although it's only been used a few times.
I have 2 HF winches and neither one has ever failed me. Matter of fact, I have a lot of HF stuff, including 3 welders and 2 plasma cutters and that don't include the pile of Bauer 20 volt cordless tools. Not a one has ever failed either. Unlike the petering out De Walt batteries, the HF Li-Ion batteries keep on trucking for me. Have one of those US General double bank roll around tool boxes as well. If I'm going to buy Oriental, might as well buy at HF. Least they stand behind their stuff.

Do I like buying Chinese over domestic, not really but in today's 'world class economy' sometimes there are few choices.

I'm sure he's a nice guy and all that IRL, but Wranglerstar impresses me as a real doofus and genuine Nancy much of the time...my hunch is that he grew up either an only child or one without any brothers...I also suspect that he could break a bowling ball without working up a sweat.
Dude. I didn't say I wanted to take him to dinner and a movie. He just seems fairly honest in his video's unlike some online.
As for breaking a bowling ball without a sweat that's pretty much what my dad said when I broke the first unbreakable maul handle.

Any four out of five would be fair game for me.
Here ya go

151863418813397195.jpg

Okay, Alright

As far as these "clone" saws are concerned, they appear to be play toys. By that I mean something for a hobbyist to learn mechanical skills. I too have watched U-tube videos on these and every one of them have changed parts to OEM in order for the saws to be somewhat reliable. The most warned about parts are the cranks are soft. Thats the foundation of the machine. If a person was to wait for deals on OEM parts and slowly acquire the parts and have the skill to put it together you might save a few hundred dollars vs buying the real deal. But that could be a BIG if. If you are just looking to be a hobbyist this might be an ok way to go. But if you want a real tool that just works when you need it too there is no such thing as a free lunch. You shell out the coin and get a reputable brand. With that you not only get a solid product but you also get real service and warranty to go with it if or when a problem does rear its head.

I am sorry you got taken for ride. It have never been able to gamble, and clone saws seem like just that. 20 years this year with my 385, it has milled a lot of slabs and cut hundreds of cords of firewood, the most I have had to do was replace a fuel tank that developed a seam leak a couple years ago, apparently it was a thing with the translucent tanks.
Cut your losses on the Chinese junk, go buy a name brand saw from a reputable dealer and enjoy using it for the next several decades. In my experience it takes more effort, and costs more to beat the system than it does to do it right the first time.

Back