Best Chinese chainsaw, Farmertec Vs Neotec Vs ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Older local showed up with a unopened Farmertec box yesterday. I had him order it from a trusted dealer I deal with in MT.

So I sold him a bar and got paid labor rate to finish putting together and start and check over and tune.

Well worth the 364 shipped for the G372xp pro ones that come with meteor topends cylinder piston and walbro carb etc.

Fired right up. Easy money. ;)

g372l.jpgg372ll.jpgg372lll.jpg

Nah, I think im going to continue my due diligance on talking about how truly crappy and a waste of money these noker/holtzforma/bluesaws/etc really are. Chinese JUNK.
You can do whatever you like, I'll stick with my clone saws, the amount of wood I cut up doesnt justify the price of a pro saw.
My 4 clone saws cost about the same as 1 50cc pro saw. I have a 25cc top handle, 2 54cc zenoah clones and a 92cc 660 clone.
I would not have a 90cc saw for blasting through firewood or a top handle for the atv if it wasnt for clone saws. Any 50cc saw will get it done but it's not ideal.

Nah, I think im going to continue my due diligance on talking about how truly crappy and a waste of money these noker/holtzforma/bluesaws/etc really are. Chinese JUNK.
Due diligence refers to doing research to further educate yourself so you can make an informed decision - something you clearly are not doing. Bad mouthing something with little or no firsthand experience is about as far from due diligence as you can get.
Carry on.

Due diligence refers to doing research to further educate yourself so you can make an informed decision - something you clearly are not doing. Bad mouthing something with little or no firsthand experience is about as far from due diligence as you can get.
Carry on.
what would you rather go to war with a Toyota 4x4 with a M2 on the back or a Chinese knock-off? When i get dropped off on a site, with nothing but a chainsaw and an excavator I know what im NOT taking with me. A freaking chinese clone saw. Buy what you want. "The poor man always pays twice".

Not many people who depend on a saw to make a living run clones. They are for guys who dont need a big saw often and have spares.
I have clones but if I have to go get another saw to finish a job it's a half hour trip tops and im cutting my own firewood with time to kill so it's not a big deal.
A couple of my buddies cut a lot of firewood and dont carry a spare saw, I dont recommend clones to them.

I completely understand the need for chinese stuff. I bought a chinese saw for 55 bucks! It's great, I only have to change the bar and chain soon but I have them already as my MS291 died. Chinese saw for me is a saw that I regularly maintain as with any other equipment but it's so cheap that I just leave it as a backup saw to winterize at the cottage. Could even by second one for parts. 110 for two 54cc saws! What I don't understand is the people who buy almost 400 bucks costing chinese saws and then still have to tune it, maybe buy even a new carb. I would then add up and buy a pro Husky or Stihl, Echo costs around 700. With monthly payment I could buy 500i and forget about all the crap saws.

Not a fan of clone saws but I hear good things about the Hanakawa stuff.
I thought that was a joke, "Hanakawa", but apparently not. Are they a manufacturer/supplier to holtzforma, neotec, proyama and others? Or wth?

It's sometimes hard these days (and maybe for about 20 years or more) to figure out who makes what where and for who. And not only with chinese stuff, not by a long shot.

PS, I ran my little proyama top handle mercilessly yesterday making full bar cuts over and over again in a very hard (for pine), beetle-killed tree. Dropped it and limbed it and bucked it. Nothing melted, nothing protested, it just kept going like an energizer bunny. The chain got under-oiled at one point, so I had to turn it up to the exxon valdez setting and off it went again. Anyway, enough torture testing of the little saw. It's not really made for that, me thinks.

I thought that was a joke, "Hanakawa", but apparently not. Are they a manufacturer/supplier to holtzforma, neotec, proyama and others? Or wth?

It's sometimes hard these days (and maybe for about 20 years or more) to figure out who makes what where and for who. And not only with chinese stuff, not by a long shot.

PS, I ran my little proyama top handle mercilessly yesterday making full bar cuts over and over again in a very hard (for pine), beetle-killed tree. Dropped it and limbed it and bucked it. Nothing melted, nothing protested, it just kept going like an energizer bunny. The chain got under-oiled at one point, so I had to turn it up to the exxon valdez setting and off it went again. Anyway, enough torture testing of the little saw. It's not really made for that, me thinks.
As I understand it Hanakawa actually makes a lot of their own parts, castings, injection molding, etc. I’m sure they buy some of their small parts from whoever’s got what they need.

snipped for brevity: There is 1.4 billion people in China. USA, Canada and Europe together is less than 1.1 billion. Industrial worker here makes let us say 15$/hour. Chinese maybe a cup of rice/h still leaving a lot of people who do not get even that.
There is where the price difference comes from. If chinese copy a quality product and copy it good I do not see any reason why it would be junk.
That's pretty much the point, when you're desperate to feed yourself and family you'll cut any corner you can to come out ahead of the person next to you. Chabuduo: It's good enough.

And perhaps it is "good enough." Some Chinese product quality is so poor it is "junk," however most is "good value for the amount charged." We should at minimum be honest about the pros/cons of products we discuss.

1701120490934.png

Will the Chinese forcibly enslave the world? Perhaps, and they wouldn't be the first to try. Maybe that argument enters into consideration when buying a product, maybe it doesn't, that's your choice, choose wisely.

Obviously Chinese saws run, albeit to differing degrees of success, and Husqvarna's recent move out of the U.S. and to predominantly Chinese manufacturing plants demonstrates that pretty well. The pertinent questions are more of "how well and from what plant," and "what's the expected lifespan."

I think without imperial data most are just blowing smoke up kiesters.
I've got plenty of saws and have run all kinds in real wood and on the job ,no ones likely to sway my opinion of whether they run or not .
My political opinion might change or the way I feel about their country of origin, but we're discussing CHAINSAWS in case anyone is confused. Ive never ran a 3120 Husqvarna, so no comment from me on them , I can speculate on all kinds of stuff ,but opinions are like something that everyone has and no body cares how the feelers are about it.

Here is my experience with the Holzzforma saws. I own three of them the 372xp pro with wrap around handle, the orange 372xp, and a blue 272. Both 372xps and the blue 272 have been used constantly the past year and so far both have been good. The orange 372 had a rough chain adjuster but I replaced that with an OEM Husqvarna and it is smooth as ever now. Unlike some people that claim the carbs need constantly adjusting I have not had this problem with either of the three but supposedly the 272 has a genuine Walbro carb on it. The pro model claims to but It looks like a copy to me. I am running 24 inch bars on all three. I have a genuine 395xp that I run a 32 inch bar on when I need a bigger saw. I bought the blue one on sale at a great price because I want to experiment with cleaning up the ports and did not wan to ruin a high dollar saw. I ended up cleaning the ports, installing a pop up piston and a dual port muffler on the blue 272 and it pulls a 24 inch bar through oak without any problem. The blue saw did have an oiling problem when new and I discovered the plate between the saw and the bar had the oil groove too narrow so I widened it with a dremel tool. I now get my desired outcome of one tank of bar oil to one tank of fuel. I am running Oregon bars and full chisel chain on all of my saws. I was surprised my first time doing port work turned out okay. I also run 2 genuine Husky 61s, Stihl 036 pro, and a Stihl 044. I have a Husky 55 but that is not really anything but a homeowners saw. So for the money I spent they run very well.

Latest posts

Back