Farmertec Holzfforma G660 Improving?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya I run 32:1 in everything (stock, ported,and piped) but I run cheap oil and they didn't switch from 32:1 to 50:1 for the engines it was a emissions based change.

I built 2 of these Farmertec 066s from kits for milling. When I bought the kits they were about 200 -230 each with shipping. The good thing about building one is that you can build with upgraded parts (bearings etc) and overcome some issues. I have been milling with my first build for more than two years now without issue. I run a 25:1 mix to help keep the engine cooler. When logging, the power-head is running full speed intermittently which aids in cooling. Running a big saw full throttle for a half tank of fuel does heat things up a lot. Again, knock on wood, I am still running without issue and I mill mainly oak and hickory. Have fun!

I don't know how many years I've had my farmertec 660 either 3 or 4 years. I ran a tuned expansion pipe on it one year cutting firewood and it survived just fine at 32:1. I had a exhaust lava wrap on the exhaust where it set on the dogs and when it would start smoking because it was so hot I'll let her cool down a little.

still running like a champ and 100% farmertec parts so far.

Where do I find one of those?
https://************/threads/nice-xs-660.30041/

This site doesn’t like the “competition“ from the other forums I guess. Kinda childish. Here’s a screenshot of the link to go to

Attachments

• IMG_6221.png
    IMG_6221.png
    213.9 KB · Views: 1
https://************/threads/nice-xs-660.30041/

This site doesn’t like the “competition“ from the other forums I guess. Kinda childish. Here’s a screenshot of the link to go to
@huskihl That saw looks and sounds good, I'm surprised it's still available. I'm interested in buying the saw, I noticed on the other site that you said you would mediate the sale. Is that the best way to handle this or would you rather not go that route?

@huskihl That saw looks and sounds good, I'm surprised it's still available. I'm interested in buying the saw, I noticed on the other site that you said you would mediate the sale. Is that the best way to handle this or would you rather not go that route?
Yeah I will do that. Send me a PM and we can take it from there

I've been running my G660 for almost 3 years now. I replaced the clutch, muffler, and some screws before I finished the first tank and it has run great ever since. I run everything on 25:1 after seizing up my 064 on 50:1. Spark plugs are way cheaper than top end kits... For the first 5 gal of mix that I put through the G660, I was primarily running a 42" bar milling a 6' oak trunk into slabs that I could get loaded on my trailer to haul to the mill. That was early summer when the temps were over 95 degrees, and I normally worked about 10 hrs a day at it trying to get the tree cleaned up in the back yard. The sequence was run a tank of fuel, sit in the shade for 10 min and drink a bottle of water, refill the saw, touch up the chain, repeat. I lost 10 pounds that month. The saw did fine. I'd never a new 90cc power head that costs under $350 delivered to my door to have the same build quality as a new off the shelf OEM pro saw. If I ever need to purchase another saw, it will likely be blue.

Can anyone tell me what goes in this top cover hole? IDK if the threads are stripped or if it had a nut on the back. Nothing threads in.

Edit - So apparently the threads stripped somehow and the screw fell out. I'll either have to tap it with the next size up or sleeve it.

IMG_20240218_155205664.jpgIMG_20240218_155155165.jpg

Latest posts

Back