Calling all SE members.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avalancher

Arboristsite Raconteur
Reaction score
Anyone thought about having a get together in this area?Guess we could include GA,TN,KY,NC,SC, shoot anyone that wants to show up I guess.Would be interesting to meet some of the faces and tell some tales.
If you are in this area, sound off!Interested in a get together?

Yeah, I'd be up for something. I'll even throw this out there: My 5 ac east pasture(on a creek w/swimming hole) would be a perfect place. Overnight tent camping would be OK(no driving after cocktails), & I have a outhouse that could be set up.
I'm out in the sticks, but it is a paved road:cheers:

RD

Pasture.jpg

Campsite.jpg

ASSUMING IT EVER QUITS RAINING HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Pasture.jpg

The creek runs along the left side of the pic, swimming hole left of the sycamore tree.

Last edited:
Pasture.jpg

The creek runs along the left side of the pic, swimming hole left of the sycamore tree.

that's schweet!!...when are you thinkin' about doing this??...I may take the Missus to Clarksville this summer sometime, visit my sister..can kill three birds/one stone

I didnt have any concrete ideas as to time or place, but the offer to camp at Motorsevens place sounds like a sweet idea.I am hoping a few more members will chime in on this.
Anybody have any preferences to time?I am pretty open.
Motorseven,where in east tn do you live?

Yeah, I'd be up for something. I'll even throw this out there: My 5 ac east pasture(on a creek w/swimming hole) would be a perfect place. Overnight tent camping would be OK(no driving after cocktails), & I have a outhouse that could be set up.

RD

Pasture.jpg

Campsite.jpg

man...i could get into owning something like that!

i'd kill to have that on my property.

RD

Pasture.jpg

Campsite.jpg

Any fish in that crick? Looks like a fine camping spot.

Great looking place there.

I would like to see a GTG in SE. I'll be there if time is right. Right now I'm waiting for a first baby!!

Well, the hay is about thigh high right now, so whenever we come up with a date I will make sure it is cut & rolled. The swimming hole is about 50x50' & 5' deep & the creek has bream & trout in it. We have gotten pummelled with rain since....oh....freaking NOVEMBER, so it's soggy but useable right now.
Avalancher, I am straight up 25E past Morristown, over Clinch Mtn(yes I'm a Sackett fan) and east about 8 miles. KY & Va are 1/2 hr away, NC is a little over an hr.

Why don't we shoot for some time in July?

If Haywire & others will chime in, & give us the low down on a GTG's on account'a I ain't ever been to one..........

RD

Thanks for the comments, it was a life long dream to live on a place like this & it is definatly my paradise. Since I retired, my buddies still working ask If I will come & visit them on "vacation".......not likely, since every day is a vacation here!

More teasers....:

creek.jpg

kidsinthecreek.jpg

Well, the hay is about thigh high right now, so whenever we come up with a date I will make sure it is cut & rolled. The swimming hole is about 50x50' & 5' deep & the creek has bream & trout in it. We have gotten pummelled with rain since....oh....freaking NOVEMBER, so it's soggy but useable right now.
Avalancher, I am straight up 25E past Morristown, over Clinch Mtn(yes I'm a Sackett fan) and east about 8 miles. KY & Va are 1/2 hr away, NC is a little over an hr.

If Haywire & others will chime in, & give us the low down on a GTG's on account'a I ain't ever been to one..........

RD

Shoot, you aint but an hours drive from here then.Many times I have traveled up that way heading up to the Daniel Boone forest in KY to go riding.That is some pretty ground up there.Yep, Sackett fan myself.My wife and I are planning on another youngen soon, but I have had no luck in getting her to go along with naming it if its a boy after one of the sackett boys.I always figured a guy should have a good tough sounding name, and them sackett boys were always what I considered tough.

July sounds good to me, and we couldnt ask for a better place to camp out! Figured there has got to be some more guys from around here than what has chimmed in so far.

I'm open for date suggestions....there is even a big Elm down at the campsite. I was gonna go cut it up....but then again it would be good GTG fodder........

RD

Last edited:

RD

Get something in the 28" to 30" range for the big saws, prop it up on one end so it's off the ground. Quite a few smaller logs in the 10" range for playing and racing. If anyone has a mill,some 8x8s and 10x10s. Rig up something to get them at least 36" off the ground.
Something to munch on,and don't forget the Sassafras Tea!

Daniel Boone National Forest is a blast from the past for me. We lived in Morehead KY and had one son born there. We are hoping to rent a house boat on Cave Run this summer. Maybe if the time lines up I will throw a couple of saws in the truck.

Well, sounds like we have a good place for a GTG, and a few folks have chimed in, lets set a date and get this thing going!

Back