Acid question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wortown Mick

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I cant find muriatic acid for the life of me. I got a lead on undiluted muriatic at a pool place 20 miles away or so but dont feel like driving out to get it.

Walmart has pure sulfuric acid, will this remove the transferred aluminum from my jug?

just burp up some HCl.
Or go to Home Depot and get some they use for cleaning concrete and mortar.
Not sure what H2SO4 will do to a chrome bore. Stick with HCl.

Any masonry supply will have it for sure... And they can't say "we don't carry it"... Masons use it every day.

I have seen muratic acid in the garden section at my local Home depot about a month back. Be sure to use that stuff outside as it is a strong fumer. Also get a large box of baking soda to neutralize the waste solution or if you spill some. I once tried it to remove hard water deposits in a toilet with it and the resulting fumes drove me out of the bathroom and rusted and corroded all of the metal in the bathroom...oops. I only used half a cup or so. I am smarter now, I hope.

Maybe I can open Nosak Plumbing with a resume like that.

Ace hardware sells quarts which is enough to clean up thousands of cylinders or until it goes bad in a few years. Everyone else wanted to sell me a gallon.
:givebeer:
One place I called the lady asked "what do you want it for" in a very suspicious voice. I told her I use it at the office. :monkey:

It's available at every pool supply store or anywhere where pool chemicals are sold. It's use to adjust the ph of pool water.

It's available at every pool supply store or anywhere where pool chemicals are sold. It's use to adjust the ph of pool water.

Every other place has alternatives and watered down versions. I think walmart had some 6% HCI stuff. Even the pool places I went to didnt have it and gave me a bad look when i asked.

Every other place has alternatives and watered down versions. I think walmart had some 6% HCI stuff. Even the pool places I went to didnt have it and gave me a bad look when i asked.
Wear a hat and remove your jewelry and your Slayer shirt before you go next time. Most places have it sitting out on the shelf.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back