Bad Hickory Bad!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey, after seein' that, the nails in the logs i got from the museum ain't so bad. hmmmm......hope i didn't curse myself. hope ya don't hit no more there mjr:cheers:

The blade was bent and missing some teeth. Insult to injury, the metal detector was within sight. I was rushing because Grandma was on her way over for a cook out. I finished that little log with the same blade. They are the ugliest boards you ever seen, a matter of pride...

No pictures of the blade. It is always an impressive sound when the blade comes off the wheels.

did i hear some... :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

that just sucks!

That is one big bolt.I'd hate to hit that with my csm.I cut nails and bullets all the time,but that is scarry.:dizzy: Mark

I still have a chumk of maple that has SOMETHING in it

but I am afraid to cut on it more for fear of finding the rest of whatever it is....Will have to wait for my full skip to wear down more and then go at it. There was a tornado here about 50 years ago so it could be anything. If it is something that someone might have lost, I will have to ask around and see who's it is.

mama mia

ouch, that's a tough one. that looks really similar to the setup we use at work to hang overhead wire. the bolt goes thru the telephone pole and an eye gets threaded on the end. i bet when they took whatever that tree was supporting down, they just unscrewed the eye and left the bolt in the tree because they can be tough to pound out. you'll have to hang that bolt on the wall of your garage or something. :)

Back