Northeast GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ciscoguy01

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Soooooo... It's about that time of year to have a little GTG somewhere convenient for everyone in NY/VT/NH/MA/CT... Since they are all so close together. No one would have to travel over say 3 or 4 hours, which would mean a nice few hours to run some big saws, have some burgers and steaks, drink some brews, and all in all have a good time. Greenwich, NY is a good place. Scotty and Steve have 90+ Cord of logs to buck and play with and are up for just such and event!!!! WOoooooooooooHOooooooooooo!!!!!! Any takers??? I've got 10 saws I'm going to bring. They've got about 20. And whatever anybody else can carry/haul/or borrow for this. We'll have to do time trials, give away some nice prizes, and get a wholeeeeee lot of chow together... Loggers are some hungry boys. Anybody want to try and come up with a date? I was thinking end of april, first part of May. It'll be warm, it's in the middle of everywhere anddddd, we'll have TONS AND TONS of logs to cut up. What say you's???

:popcorn: :cheers: eh?

If anyone is coming from northern, vt or northern, ny or quebec or ontario they can hitch a ride with me or we can all carpool... It'll be a blast... :clap:

Can we make this a sticky thread?

I would be interested, but I can't make it until the later part of May. It would take 7/8 hours to get there from here.

yip

I would be interested, but I can't make it until the later part of May. It would take 7/8 hours to get there from here.

That'd probably be better anyways. There's a thing in april in CNY... So that would be bad timing... I'd like to go to Cortland anyways... May would be better I think, everyone would have a month or so to get ready...

:cheers: eh?

If the weekend works out, I would only be able to bring about 5 saws. The rest of the herd are an additional 6 hours away.

How about May 16th on a Saturday? I will probably schedule it along with a open house weekend. Friday Open House for our store customers and Saturday have the chain saw days GTG. Like Dude said I have plenty of big sticks to cut....... This will allow us to use Sunday the 17th as a rain date? The following weekend interferes with memorial day the previous weekend interferes with Mom's day. I would like to gather some 100+ cc saws wearing big bars for some video's. Also have a few hot rod's to play with. A EHP7900 that screams, Brad's 420 he modded, a EHP5100, And Hey the KMS4 as well. Plus like 5 166's a 153, a 143mx, 133's and plenty more. I will try to get ahold of Dolmars display trailer as well. Im sure we can gather some good eats and drinks and have a merry ole time. So Whos Game. I need a better gathering than the last GTG I had thats for sure.

Scott

How about May 16th on a Saturday? I will probably schedule it along with a open house weekend. Friday Open House for our store customers and Saturday have the chain saw days GTG. Like Dude said I have plenty of big sticks to cut....... This will allow us to use Sunday the 17th as a rain date? The following weekend interferes with memorial day the previous weekend interferes with Mom's day. I would like to gather some 100+ cc saws wearing big bars for some video's. Also have a few hot rod's to play with. A EHP7900 that screams, Brad's 420 he modded, a EHP5100, And Hey the KMS4 as well. Plus like 5 166's a 153, a 143mx, 133's and plenty more. I will try to get ahold of Dolmars display trailer as well. Im sure we can gather some good eats and drinks and have a merry ole time. So Whos Game. I need a better gathering than the last GTG I had thats for sure.

Scott

I can't guarantee I can make it, but if I do I can bring the Pioneer P60. Close to 100cc.

You can bring anything you want

Scott

What I have up here is: Jonsered 630, 621, 80 (if I get it running), 455, 2141.

I am going home to PA around the same time and was going to plan the trip accordingly. I might be heading home later though, maybe the 30th or so. That's why I can't guarantee I will make it.

the date is not cast in stone yet the 29th, and 30th can work as well with the 31st as a rain date

Scott

Bring

I'll be bringing:
PS-7900
PS-5100 modded
PS-510 modded
056Mag II
394XP modded
288XP modded
036 Pro modded (by then)
Super XL
XL mini (you'd best watch out for this one...)
MS-210

Whatever else I can get my hands on by then...

Last edited:
This is not a for sure yet.... I will try to have a "Soren Eriksson's GAME OF LOGGING" event here if I can gather a big enough crowd...

Scott

Stuff

This is not a for sure yet.... I will try to have a "Soren Eriksson's GAME OF LOGGING" event here if I can gather a big enough crowd...

Scott
We should do like a obstacle course too. Like put some small stakes out, cut blocks, split it into say 4's, and first one done wins by time trial... We could do some atlas block hauling too... WOoooooooo Hooooo!!! This is gonna be fun. And then the BREWS!!!!! :clap:

:cheers:

I know I'm going to bring like 4 or 5 guys down with me when I come...

Last edited:
"gtg"

i would love to come,please let me know i live in lowville @ an hour from syr. dont have alot of saws but do take down a few trees,& love to cut firewood.

Since I'm pretty much a newbie here, I'd like to come to a GTG but don't have any saws to bring (well, maybe my father's old '68 Homelite Super XL). I'm just over the state line from Greenwich anyway - half an hour's drive at most. I drive by Scott's place all the time to get to Saratoga but have never stopped in (now I have a good reason!).

I am in NH, I would like to go depending on where and if ya'll plan it on my weekend off.

i'd love to go, if you dont mind a crazy canuck in the bunch, got a buddy who will probably come with.
hope to have the RA going before then, my buddy has one too.
let me know when and where, greenwich is about 4 hours south of me.
:cheers::clap::givebeer:

Caravan

i'd love to go, if you dont mind a crazy canuck in the bunch, got a buddy who will probably come with.
hope to have the RA going before then, my buddy has one too.
let me know when and where, greenwich is about 4 hours south of me.
:cheers::clap::givebeer:

Anybody coming from up north of me... We can all Caravan down together. Should be a he11 of a good time I'm thinkin'. Hopefully we can get a TON of people together and make it a big event like boonville or tupper lake...

:cheers: eh?

Ppe

Just a quick note. If you plan on running saws and I know you are..... PPE will be required.. I will have some for sale as well as some for use but I wont have enough for everyone to use. So plan on bringing your own or buying new. Got to keep our insurance company happy :D

Scott

TIMBERWOLF wants to be here for the open house/GTG BUT he can't come on the 29th & 30th he would rather it be the 14th & 15th of May like I had first scheduled.......... So What date works for you guys????

Scott

Back