usa made

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
what is the best saw made and based, in the usa or canada..both countrys in the same boat as to what the future holds..jmo.. we selling our kids out..jmo

Do the Stihl's manufactured in Virginia beach qualify in this category.

i guess but just seems like somebody here would produce an saw of quality ..
not based in another country..go figure..

tony marks said:
i guess but just seems like somebody here would produce an saw of quality ..
not based in another country..go figure..

Tony as far as I can remember only Stihl and Poulan still manufacture here in North America. I'm not sure Homelite still does, perhaps they still do.

Out of the 3 quality wise you have to go with the Virginia Beach built Stihl's which plant I believe now assemble the 026's & 036's for North America.

What about Cub Cadet - anyone ever run one? Saw one in a Tractor Supply tonight...looked a lot like a Husky.

Probly a Poulan, if it is, you don't really want one of those if you can help it.

Moze said:
What about Cub Cadet - anyone ever run one? Saw one in a Tractor Supply tonight...looked a lot like a Husky.
Cub cadet is actually an Oleo Mac saw in disguise. still high quality from what I've read.

Gotchya...I know Cub Cadet's other stuff is good...thought maybe they might put out something decent.

Moze said:
Gotchya...I know Cub Cadet's other stuff is good...thought maybe they might put out something decent.

Are you sure about that? All of the cheaper Cub Cadet's are merely MTD's in disguise. Only the drive shaft models are kin to the real Cub Cadet's of yesteryear. You can line up a Troy-Bilt, Bolens, Yard Machine and the cheaper Cub Cadet's at Lowe's and they're all alike except small details.
Grateful11

MTD

yep ,it kinda sad to think what homelite, macculogh ,poulan use to be an what is the case today..time just takes us where it will.
by the way if oleo mac is making the cadets .. that is indeed an good quality saw.. at least for now..
deere is another example of change, from heavy quality made equipment to what they sell at hd now sells.

Guess I should have said "I THOUGHT their other stuff was good"...I thought they had a good rep. Guess not. :)

tony marks said:
deere is another example of change, from heavy quality made equipment to what they sell at hd now sells.

John Deere will sell whatever increases their profits. As Tony noted they are now selling their cheap mowers in Home Depot. This is not new to Deere, they got into the box store business long ago. They sold their mowers under the "Sabre" name in Montgomery Wards until they went belly up. I live around the heart of Deere (Moline, IL) and it makes me sick how some think it it is green it is gold. John Deere has made good mowers and junk mowers for years. The 420 was a good mower the 111 was not. As for saws even though this is Deere country they never could sell saws here. Even the most dedicated Deere guys still had other brands of saws. Deere has vendors rebadge equipment for them then add a big price increase. Actually so does Sears.

As for the Cub Cadet saws I did not think they were Oleo Mac but I guess I will need to check further.

Bill

Good Poulan's

Lobo said:
Probly a Poulan, if it is, you don't really want one of those if you can help it.

The Poulan Pro 475 and 505 were very nice saws according to Mike Acres... :)

......but, they vere probably made in Sweden (very similiar to Jonsered 2077 and 2083).

Echo has a large manufacturing facility for OPE in the USA. The newer smaller Echo saws are made at the USA facility.

Which Stihl models are made in the USA?

Are there any at all, exept homeowner type saws like 290, 310 and 390? :umpkin:

Are any models made both in Germany and the USA?

premix said:
Echo has a large manufacturing facility for OPE in the USA. The newer smaller Echo saws are made at the USA facility.
They said every model except the CS 8000 and the QV 8000 are made here in the states.There are just not enough sales of these models to make them here.

SawTroll said:
Are there any at all, exept homeowner type saws like 290, 310 and 390? :umpkin:

Are any models made both in Germany and the USA?

i THINK, dont hold me to it but all the stuff trimmers, blowers, and all but the 088 and maybe the 066 are made here at the beech, seems like i remember the 066 being picked up here too..

Latest posts

Back