My New Woodsheds Pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsbeats

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here are my two new woodsheds I built. The frames are 2x2x1/8" steel tube, the trusses are 8' on center. The perlins are 2' on center 2x6" pine boards that I sawed on my Timberking B-20 bandmill. They are both 12' wide x 32' long with 8' side walls. Steel on the roof. The sheds are secured in the 4 corners with wooden posts that go into the ground and bolted to the frame. 3/4 stone on the floor and oak pallets to stack on. The loaded shed has 48 facecord of 20" wood in it, all metered in with my cordmaster, it will probably end up holding a little over 60 facecord.

DSCN1902.jpg

DSCN1904.jpg

Here is what I have left in my wood yard to split. I will have to get the woodsplitters out, the wood in the shed was all split with a maul. I will make enough firewood this summer to fill both sheds and then some.

DSCN1905.jpg

NailsBeats. wow what a great couple of sheds. My carpentry sucks I have trouble with the straight plumb and true part, things seem to come out crooked and misaligned. Would you post some pictures of your "CordMaster" I have a tractor that takes skid steer attachments and it would sure come in handy to have one of them. Thanks David:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks guys. Here is a pic of the cordmaster. The forks just slip into the tubes in the bottom and I chain it to the rack so it stays on when dumping. This one is aluminum and made out of old take off trailer ramps. You could make one out of steel using light tube and expanded metal mesh on the sides.

DSCN0786.jpg

DSCN0787.jpg

You have one sweet operation there. And you did a really nice job on the shelters. Kudos to you and have a beer! You do some really nice work!

:clap: :cheers: :clap:

Dave

Nice efficient wood storage, probably didn't hit too hard in the wallet either.
By the looks of it, folks get a good mix of wood size too.
Great job.:clap:

Awesome!! Terrifc job you've done!! I'll bet that shed wood dries pretty fast being open on all sides, yet covered from the rain and snow.

Have a cold one on me!! :clap:

Wow! You must be expecting an extemely hard winter ;-)

Nice setup!

I'm scheduled to get my shed erected tomorrow. I have to demolish the 5 cord I currently have stacked in the spot.

Ken

NailsBeats. wow what a great couple of sheds. My carpentry sucks I have trouble with the straight plumb and true part, things seem to come out crooked and misaligned. Would you post some pictures of your "CordMaster" I have a tractor that takes skid steer attachments and it would sure come in handy to have one of them. Thanks David:clap: :clap: :clap:

beer helps with the straight plumb and true part. or at least it looks straighter to me after a few.

Really impressed with your sheds and your operation in general. I always appreciate someone providing me with good ideas to copy. Now I only have to figure out how to implement them half as well as you did.

Thanks for posting the great pictures.

Last edited:
Back