Timber harvesting class

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DK_stihl

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just thought I would show y'all what we did in school this fall. This was an improvement harvest on some of the school's land. We left anything that had good growing potential and took all the crap out. Softwood went for practice wood for the woodsmen's team, crap hardwood went for firewood, and some sawlogs were bucked from some of the stems. Some lumber was cut on the landing with an LT40 hydraulic mill, some was hauled back to the main campus to be cut on the circle mill. Skidding was done with a 440C JD and a team of draft horses. All firewood was donated to needy families. Here are some pics.

Last edited:
photo.php

Last edited:
i saw the article that was written up about you guys at paul smith's. good work. :clap:

A 660 with a long bar in New York!? That is not GOL approved. :)

Haha, while some GOL techniques are useful in the correct setting, they are only another tool in the toolbox for me. I'm open to using many different techniques, as long as they are safe, and fit the trees that I'm working with and the saw I'm using.

Eat your heart out

Haha, while some GOL techniques are useful in the correct setting, they are only another tool in the toolbox for me. I'm open to using many different techniques, as long as they are safe, and fit the trees that I'm working with and the saw I'm using.

profile.php

Latest posts

Back