MN/WI GTG March14th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to try a Woodbine Firewood Processor! Running a 372XP would be fun too, or maybe a wood splitter that is faster than a 30 second splitting cycle.

I'll try to get up there. If you can scrounge up a tractor, I can bring the old splitter up - save some big knotty stuff. 40HP is plenty, but I have stalled the motor on a WC Allis and H Farmall with it before.

Edit - bikerdude - this is about a 15 second cycle, can probably do 12 running WOT, but I usually run at about 3/4 throttle.

attachment.php

Steve

Last edited:
I'm probably exaggerating the lack of speed of my splitter a bit but man it seems slow! I'll have to time it tomorrow in some elm rounds.

Grantsburg is about an hour north if Mpls/Stpaul.
I was thinking one day- depends on what guys want. I'm open to ideas.
I thought it was there but I had to ask.I am there,if it does happen what can I bring as far as food and beverages.I would like to feel the difference between round and square file chain in some wood.Maybe if someone has one would like to make a couple cuts with a 660 or 880:chainsaw:or would like to see a bikini clad female utilize one.

I want to see it stall our John Deere 4430!:jawdrop:
I said 40hp, not 140! Seriously, though, do you have 1000 rpm shaft on it? I would love to see what the improvement on cycle time would be running it at 750 rpm or so compared to my usual 400-500. I should be able to come up with a 1000-540 adapter.

Might show......

I would like to go.......how long does something like this last? Might be interested in car/truck pooling.

It would be fun to try different types of chain on the same size saw in the same wood.

Another idea would be 2 saws one with a muffler mod along side a stock one.

Have you ever had a chainsaw carver come in and give hands on carving 101? BYOW WYOS.

Chaingrinders try the different price points/quality levels.

just outta curiosity, I work with a guy who moved down here (NM) about 3 yrs ago, He was in the trucking/excavating business in ya'lls part of the woods for about 35 yrs. His first name is Dave,(even if I knew the rules, I wouldnt post his last name, just outta respect), if ya think you know who he is me, PM me.

PS, hes a damm good ole boy, and he kinda talks a lot

Latest posts

Back