Volunteer Thread: Disaster Response, Storm Cleanup, Trail Maintenance, etc.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Volunteer Thread: Disaster Response, Storm Cleanup, Trail Maintenance, etc.

This topic has come up many times, but has been quiet for a while, and some participants are no longer active on this site.

This is specifically for organized volunteers, or people who want to volunteer, for chainsaw related disaster response, storm cleanup, trail maintenance, or related activities, such as ‘firewood ministries’.

NOT for for-profit, or business opportunities doing similar work.

Key challenges include: safety, training, qualifying prospective volunteers, insurance / liability, credibility and access to disaster areas, etc.

In addition to the challenges of storm damaged wood, debris, working in a disaster zone, equipment maintenance, limited resources, etc.

If you have experiences in these areas, please join in the conversation. I will ask the moderators to help kerp this thread on track, and avoid any P&R stuff.

Thanks!

Philbert

I would be interested in stuff like this. I would not be able to travel far due to my day job, but would like to make a difference locally. I genuinely just enjoy running my saws and cleaning up the woods.

Back