seafoam

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDunk

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've used it in four stroke equipment but never a two stroke. Not sure if you can run it in a two stroke. But yes, it does work good in my opinion. It will smoke like crazy but works good.

The best carbon remover I've used is, gun cleaning solvent. I do run Seafoam in my premix for the saws as an additive. When I ported my Husky 390, I used Kleen Bore gun solvent to remove the slight build up on the top of the piston. Works good.

Have you ever run it in your car/truck?

I did in my older trucks. I'd keep the engine rev'd up and drip some Seafoam out of the can and into the carb (about half a can) and the the other half i'd just dump in and stall it out. Let if sit for a while and start it back up. It will smoke like you've never seen before. Also put a can of seafoam in your tank too. I was amazed how much carbon it will remove.

According to the Seafoam MSDS, it's:

Pale Oil 40-60%
Naptha 25-35%
Isopropyl alcohol 10-20%

really not much to it.
Ian

Not sure about Seafoam but I do know synthetic 2 cycle oils do a wonderful job of cleaning the carbon deposits.

Best carbon remover I have ever seen used is automatic transmission fluid. Watched my pops pour nearly 1qt down the carb on an old ford one time. I don't remember many mosquitos after that either come to think of it.

ive used seafoam on every engine i have ever worked on. 2-stroke, 4-stroke, doesnt matter. i live by the stuff.

i even used it to help build up compression in a old johnson 140 that wouldnt turn over.

the only time i never recommend using seafoam is on the intake of a diesel. i never like the idea of letting liquid get sucked into my turbo.

My Mercedes 300TD I filled the fuel filter w/ seafoam, put the filter back on and fired it up. Cleaned up the injectors it seemed b/c that was last gasp before I replaced the injectors...been 40k since and still haven't needed to replace them.

we seafomed my buddys silverado. i think it had about 50k miles on it at the time. the smoke was insane. i honestly thought something was wronk with his truck. i did my 100k mile+ hemi and it didnt smoke harldy at all compared to that.

go on you tube and look at the vids. my buddys truck made those look like they were just puffin a bit.

Long time ago I worked one summer for a small engine shop and the guy thought the world of seafoam. Every outboard that came in got ran in the tank (or with a hose and the bonnet) and got treated to a can of the stuff. All I remember was the smoke, but the guy said that most of the time seafoam would loosen ring grooves that were full of carbon and he'd never see them again until the next spring tuneup.

I always thought he was full of crap.

Back