No more MR. Nice guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackoak

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Last year on the 4th my brother-in-law calls me up and asks to use a saw to take with him on their annual 4th of July camp out bash. Him and a bunch of his rich friends "camp out" in their 20 grand RV's at his 40 acre get away property. My BIL is a rich know it all SOB who looks down at people who have grease under their finger nails.
Last year I let him use one of my good saws. It was a 026 that I had rebuilt and was going to Ebay. Well, When I finally got it back it was in bad shape the chain was off it looked like he used it for a trencher. The clutch cover was full of bar oil and dirt and chewed up leaves. He called it a piece of #### and he just about didn't get enough wood cut for the night before the "blade", as he called it was dull.

Well he called again this year wanting to use another saw. I honestly don't know how many saws I own, I have a few. Me being the nice guy that I am dig an old beater Poulan S250 that was on it's last leg out of the pile and start getting it ready for him. I took the kill switch off and ground the little tab off the OFF-ON cover and turned the switch around so when it says ON, it's really OFF. When he came to get it he called and ask for me to meet him out out the highway, I live on a gravel road, he didn't want to get his camper or truck dirty picking it up. I said sure, no problem. When I met with him I told him I would show him how to start it. I knew what he would say, and he did, that is he knew how to start a saw, I just smiled and said of course, but I fired it up anyway to show him that it does run, knowing that he would not see the switch was in the OFF, but really ON position.

I did spend 5 minutes with a file dulling the chain just in case the SOB figures the switch out.
'
Happy 4th BIL I hope it doesn't get to chilly tonight.

PS Since your such a swell guy, you can keep the saw so you'll always have one. I know someone who can probably fix it for you if you have any problems:greenchainsaw::monkey:

Last edited:
HA HA can't wait to hear what he says about that saw!! Better yet, you should of put the "blade" on backwards.

That jerk is gonna be three kinds of pissed when he comes back... He sounds like the kind of guy that'll throw it when he gets mad.

I'd make him buy me a new 460 if he brings it back broken... If he refuses, tell him you work in mines where people get "lost". :cheers:

Keep us updated!

Last year on the 4th my brother-in-law calls me up and asks to use a saw to take with him on their annual 4th of July camp out bash. Him and a bunch of his rich friends "camp out" in their 20 grand RV's at his 40 acre get away property. My BIL is a rich know it all SOB who looks down at people who have grease under their finger nails.
Last year I let him use one of my good saws. It was a 026 that I had rebuilt and was going to Ebay. Well, When I finally got it back it was in bad shape the chain was off it looked like he used it for a trencher. The clutch cover was full of bar oil and dirt and chewed up leaves. He called it a piece of #### and he just about didn't get enough wood cut for the night before the "blade", as he called it was dull.

Well he called again this year wanting to use another saw. I honestly don't know how many saws I own, I have a few. Me being the nice guy that I am dig an old beater Poulan S250 that was on it's last leg out of the pile and start getting it ready for him. I took the kill switch off and ground the little tab off the OFF-ON cover and turned the switch around so when it says ON, it's really OFF. When he came to get it he called and ask for me to meet him out out the highway, I live on a gravel road, he didn't want to get his camper or truck dirty picking it up. I said sure, no problem. When I met with him I told him I would show him how to start it. I knew what he would say, and he did, that is he knew how to start a saw, I just smiled and said of course, but I fired it up anyway to show him that it does run, knowing that he would not see the switch was in the OFF, but really ON position.

I did spend 5 minutes with a file dulling the chain just in case the SOB figures the switch out.
'

PS Since your such a swell guy, you can keep the saw so you'll always have one. I know someone who can probably fix it for you if you have any problems:greenchainsaw::monkey:

Know someone like that............................

Great thinking! :cheers::cheers:

You sir are my hero today. That one's as good as the guy that got tape put between the spark plug and cap.

Ha ha ha ha ha.......Going to file this scheme away for future use.

Ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ........

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

My BIL "borrowed" my Stihl Auger last year to plant 5,000 blueberry bushes.

It came back with the carb all kinds of wonky, the muffler plugged up with what looked and smelled like roofing Tar, and a busted starter pawl.

LOL!
BIL revenge!!!

Thanks fer humbling one of 'em! LOL!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

'

Too, funny. You should have put the chain on backwards in case he got it started, or left the bar nuts loose. No matter what you gave that guy he'd call it a POS, cause those types of guys think their always getting fooked, so why disapoint him? It was a kind gesture though to lend him your saw.

Back