No more MR. Nice guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too, funny. You should have put the chain on backwards in case he got it started, or left the bar nuts loose. No matter what you gave that guy he'd call it a POS, cause those types of guys think their always getting fooked, so why disapoint him? It was a kind gesture though to lend him your saw.
After I got done with the "special" filing job I did on the chain, and if he does figure the switch out, he's not going to get much, if any firewood cut. LOL

I hope thing are going good for you up there in Gods country.
Whatever happen to the smashed Kubota. Are you still using it??.

get your balls 2gether and tell him were to go......3 things in life u dont loan out.......boat. old lady and chainsaw...

, I just smiled and said of course, but I fired it up anyway to show him that it does run, knowing that he would not see the switch was in the OFF, but really ON position.

I did spend 5 minutes with a file dulling the chain just in case the SOB figures the switch out.
'
Happy 4th BIL I hope it doesn't get to chilly tonight.

PS Since your such a swell guy, you can keep the saw so you'll always have one. I know someone who can probably fix it for you if you have any problems:greenchainsaw::monkey:

I LOVE IT!

Do report after the bash is over!
:cheers:

My father in law is kinda like that and he knows I don't loan out my tools but I do come with those tools to help. One time he needed wood cut so my sons and I went with him and cut a few cords while he tried to get his WildThing running. After a few days of cold weather and he still hadn't split any of it I got a phone call asking if he could borrow my splitter once again knowing I'd come with it. So the kids and I show up and really start tearing it up and after about an hour I get a tap on the shoulder and he says that his favorite show is about to come on TV and he walks in the house! I bit me tongue and actually finished splitting and stacking and went home. Well at the beginning of spring this year I did some tree removals and blocked them up and delivered them to his place un-split. All oak, all knotty, and all 25 inches long! Ya see my splitter only handles 24 inch blocks so lets see how he solves this.:chainsaw:

Only a select few get to use my saws. Anyone other than those few get a No for an answer. When they ask why? I tell them I need not explain anything to anyone unless I am being paid. Just a few days ago someone asked my brother in law (which is really like my bother) if they could ride my yzf450. My answer was with a drum role.............................................. NO.

he's lucky he has you for a BIL.

Last year on the 4th my brother-in-law calls me up and asks to use a saw to take with him on their annual 4th of July camp out bash. Him and a bunch of his rich friends "camp out" in their 20 grand RV's at his 40 acre get away property. My BIL is a rich know it all SOB who looks down at people who have grease under their finger nails.
Last year I let him use one of my good saws. It was a 026 that I had rebuilt and was going to Ebay. Well, When I finally got it back it was in bad shape the chain was off it looked like he used it for a trencher. The clutch cover was full of bar oil and dirt and chewed up leaves. He called it a piece of #### and he just about didn't get enough wood cut for the night before the "blade", as he called it was dull.

Well he called again this year wanting to use another saw. I honestly don't know how many saws I own, I have a few. Me being the nice guy that I am dig an old beater Poulan S250 that was on it's last leg out of the pile and start getting it ready for him. I took the kill switch off and ground the little tab off the OFF-ON cover and turned the switch around so when it says ON, it's really OFF. When he came to get it he called and ask for me to meet him out out the highway, I live on a gravel road, he didn't want to get his camper or truck dirty picking it up. I said sure, no problem. When I met with him I told him I would show him how to start it. I knew what he would say, and he did, that is he knew how to start a saw, I just smiled and said of course, but I fired it up anyway to show him that it does run, knowing that he would not see the switch was in the OFF, but really ON position.

I did spend 5 minutes with a file dulling the chain just in case the SOB figures the switch out.
'
Happy 4th BIL I hope it doesn't get to chilly tonight.

PS Since your such a swell guy, you can keep the saw so you'll always have one. I know someone who can probably fix it for you if you have any problems:greenchainsaw::monkey:

i would have snuck in the camper at night and plumbed the toilet to flush out onto the floor.

must just be BIL's in general. I have two, one is rough as guts and can fix anything with some gaffer tape and ciggy foil, which has come in handy, but refuses to buy/fix ANYTHING decent for himself, the other could break a brand new Sherman Tank before it left the parade ground. Just dog unlucky. I keep 'Decoy' tools and fishing gear for them to use, saves arguments with the missus and protects the good stuff from 'bad luck'.....

Borrowing

I have a neighbor in his late 30's and his father in his late 60's. Both of them live by the rule ..... don't buy any tools or equipment if you can borrow them.

Nosmo

I guess I'm lucky as I have 5 BILs and they're all very reasonable and helpful folk and can't do enough for anyone that asks. Only one of them has ever asked me to borrow a CS so I went around to his place and did the light pruning job for him.

The boilermaker BIL did all the ally welding and some of the fabrication on my big all ally CS mill. He's a top bloke as far as I'm concerned. So I named my big mill the "BIL mill" after him.

Latest posts

Back