No more MR. Nice guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a Wildthing. Bought it for New 80 (Lots of discounts and some in store haggling), sold it for 75 a week later. LOL. Found this site and never looked back. LOL.

My Echo Cs-3450 outcuts that Wildthing any day of the week.

Our prayers for your mom.

The fact he yanked that sucker till it broke is just priceless, don't think it could be anymore gratifying than that.

BlackOak,

Hey, I hate to be the first to rain on the parade, but that has never stopped me, so here goes. I'd recommend a three step plan.

1) Grow a set of balz.

2) Tell your BIL you're not going to give/loan/lease him a saw and explain why.

3) Tell your wife what you told her brother and explain your reasoning.

Consider that most everyone on the planet has strong points and weak points. Family is about overlooking these and getting along.

ole joat

How's it going joat? As I told 041, my balz are fine. They stopped growing, oh probably 30 years or so ago. I don't think they are going to get much bigger. They are a handful for the wife, but she has small hands:hmm3grin2orange:.
I get along with BIL most of the time. He does treat Sis pretty good and your right family is the most important thing. I just wish he would get a little grease under his nails every now and then and not look down on me for doing so.:cheers:

Last edited:
blackoak,

A prayer for your Mom, may she soon be healthy once again!

Nice ending for your BIL, don't tell him...now. Wait about 10-15 years, that story is a saver.:laugh:

Cheers,
TT

Hey blackoak, good to hear about your BIL story, but sorry to hear about your mom. Lung cancer can be a tough one to beat, not to mention the clot in her lung. Her doctor may put her on Coumadin, or Argatroban. Coumadin and Argatroban are both blood thinners. Argatroban can be used if the clot was formed after the person was already on blood thinners. I have already said a prayer for your family and your mom, and will continue to pray for her. One thing I learned the hard way is to tell your mom you love her, and be there for her. Try to encourage her to write all her memories down, and record her voice if she is up for it. I lost my mom 5 years ago unexpectedly, and my dad this past January unexpectedly. Didn't get the memories or voice from either of my parents and wish I did. Hang tough blackoak! Sorry fellas, didn't mean to get all medical. Carry on!

How's it going joat? As I told 041, my balz are fine. They stopped growing, oh probably 30 years or so ago. I don't think they are going to get much bigger. They are a handful for the wife, but she has small hands:hmm3grin2orange:.
I get along with BIL most of the time. He does treat Sis pretty good and your right family is the most important thing. I just wish he would get a little grease under his nails every now and then and not look down on me for doing so.:cheers:

BlackOak,

Sounds like a good ending with the BIL. The tone of the original post didn't convey that you have a decent relationship with him. I always note that I have a few areas of expertise where it's tempting to put down others. Then, I remember that there are a thousand deficient areas to every decent one. I do hear you on the "grease under the fingernails" thing. I'm trying to get my sons more interested in that.

My prayers go out to you and your mom. Yes, family is so important, and moms are always the glue that binds the family.

Peace and blessings,

ole joat

I do hope that everything does work out and differences are set aside. Your Mom needs all of the love and prayers that she can get right now. OR Nurse gave some good advice. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Good news to hear about your wife. :cheers:

A single tumor was removed early in the precancer stage. Her breast was removed when 5 more precancers were discovered. The chemotherapy was rough. Plastic surgery restored her breast. The emotional trauma was much worse than the physical. Moral support from the family helped her get through it. A 10 day condo vacation in Maui cheered her up.

A single tumor was removed early in the precancer stage. Her breast was removed when 5 more precancers were discovered. The chemotherapy was rough. Plastic surgery restored her breast. The emotional trauma was much worse than the physical. Moral support from the family helped her get through it. A 10 day condo vacation in Maui cheered her up.

A 10 day condo vacation in Maui would cheer me up to! Glad she's better. :)

A 10 day condo vacation in Maui would cheer me up to! Glad she's better. :)

A few days before our trip in January 2007, the thermometer outside our home in the Santa Lucia mountains dropped to 6 degrees F. The balmy 80-85 degree weather of Maui really cheered me up. Our son and his family rented a 3-bedroom house right on the beach. We watched the superbowl there and there was a wedding. A house or condo rental is the best way to visit Maui.

My prayers go out to you and your mom. Yes, family is so important, and moms are always the glue that binds the family.

+10. Praying for your mom also BlackOak.

And...funny ending on your prank.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back