Old Eaton's of Canada Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WesternSaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Really did not know if there was a thread on these or not ,guess I should have done a search,but here goes anyway.The saw is missing a carb and muffler for sure what else I don't know at this point.Anyone have one of these?Are there part's around if I decide to restore it? Or is it even worth it, I wonder
Thanks
Lawrence
OldChainsaws029.jpg

OldChainsaws028.jpg

OldChainsaws027.jpg

OldChainsaws026.jpg

OldChainsaws025.jpg

Last edited:
I think this saw was marketed as a Mono down here in Yankee-land. In any case, that Techumseh engine was used in lots of products and I'm sure you'll eventually run into a carb to suit.

Search Mono saw on Arbo-site and Mike acres for more info.

That styling was typical of that 50's era. Big saws with vertical cylinders. Just like the cars were designed back then. Then the 60's came around and automobiles became more aerodynamic. Chain saw cylinders went from being mounted vertically, with a high profile, to horizontally, which made them much more streamlined in appearance and lowered their center of gravity. In aircraft, it was like going from a bomber to a fighter. The XL-12 then became the classic design that was copied by everybody and their uncle. :popcorn:

Lawrence you should talk to Yukonsawman, I think he is trying to post picts of a similar saw. There is lots of saws and parts around for these old models, They never wore out, their operators did. LOL
Pioneerguy600

This is a re-badge saw...same as the Wards on my site. AH 58...5.8 CU-INCH Tecumseh Power Product common engine to many saws. If the internals are good, just trough a new muffler , a set of reeds and a tillotson HL and she will run.

Alain,

Eaton's Saw

Thanks to all of you for your replies. Man this is the best place to seek advice and knowledge from you fellas.But you know Jerry I can't stop picking these darn saws up now.You guy's it's a sickness, never mind this CAD stuff it's a terminal thing meaning my wife is going to kill me!
Lawrence

Jacob J.

Thanks for the pics J.J. Does your saw use the same carb as mine would?Alain said it's a Tillotson HL.Yours is in a lot better shape J.J. I do like how they sit so flat.
Lawrence

I seen a couple ,looked like xl12 homilites but I was told they were remingtons rebadged.1 had 3.5 hp on starter case the other had 5hp on is case 1 was a little bigger than the other.Eatons had a large chain of stores from the east coast of Canada to the west. they sold a lot of stuff mother in law bought an 40hp outboard engine there.

Latest posts

Back