Husky 350 anti vibe etc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrypac

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My Husky 350 was idling faster anytime There was sideways pressure on the bar. I assumed something was loose in the anti vibe system and found that the spring in the attached pic was not screwed into the fuel tank and the threads in the hole were stripped out so I have some JB weld in the hole and will tap it with a screw that I ground grooves in to. If that does not work, I have spare tank, which might have been a quicker fix, but I like a challenge. Anyway, in doing this I noticed that there was a pin missing from my tank that was present in the spare tank. (see arrow). There is a corresponding hole in the case which is much larger and I'm wondering if there should be some sort of rubber bushing there. The parts diagram does not show it but one of the lateral support bushings from my parts saw seems to fit pretty well so I'll go with that unless someone knows different
View attachment 1171688

Your pic isn't viewable (for me anyway).
If sideways pressure on the bar is causing a change in rpm I would be concerned about an air leak. These little guys are known to have issues with the intake boot & the bolts on the cylinder/riser/exhaust loosening up so I'd be checking those & doing a vac/pressure test

With the cover off, I could see the linkage moving slightly so i was pretty sure it was the missing/broken parts in the anti vibe system. All back together this morning and problem is solved, but i'm still curious about whether one of the rubber lateral support bushings goes in that location. Trying to attach the pic again.
Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 3.50.49 PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 5.38.41 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 5.38.41 PM.png
    480.7 KB · Views: 0
With the cover off, I could see the linkage moving slightly so i was pretty sure it was the missing/broken parts in the anti vibe system. All back together this morning and problem is solved, but i'm still curious about whether one of the rubber lateral support bushings goes in that location. Trying to attach the pic again.
View attachment 1171904
Nothing goes on that pin. It just sits in a well in the crankcase.

Back