ATV Trailer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you would be making lots of trips to accomplish much. I got a 4x8 my Polaris 500 pulls with ease. Hauls a little over half rank per trip.

The HF trailer looks like it would be good for tight spots.

I got a 4x6 from Lowes. I use it on the Hi-way and to tow behind my 660 Grizzly.

I had to reinforce the hitch on the Grizzly after it broke, though.

As long as you have a welder go for it.
Here's mine

CIMG0641.jpg

Sundance,

If I had to vote for my favorite ATV trailer this would be it:

http://www.polartrailer.com/CategoryDetail.aspx?categoryid=00cd3347-e701-468e-a628-990500b94ba2

Polar 1500 HD tandem axle

I bought mine from Northern Tool. This thing if friggin indestructable and for it's size carries lot of wood. You can litterally drop 20" oak rounds into this thing from 10 feet and nothing happens. I also like that it is plastic...no denting or rusting. Maybe the side rails will rust...but not the bed.

mark

Sundance,

If I had to vote for my favorite ATV trailer this would be it:

http://www.polartrailer.com/CategoryDetail.aspx?categoryid=00cd3347-e701-468e-a628-990500b94ba2

Polar 1500 HD tandem axle

I bought mine from Northern Tool. This thing if friggin indestructable and for it's size carries lot of wood. You can litterally drop 20" oak rounds into this thing from 10 feet and nothing happens. I also like that it is plastic...no denting or rusting. Maybe the side rails will rust...but not the bed.

mark

to be honest that would last me a month at most. Iv had a few ill take a picture of my john deer. axles are bent rims are bent, its a mess.

Depending on the terrain this trailer would work for a large ATV. It's built really well and the dump is a huge plus. I don’t think I would want to be in front of it on a good downhill.
attachment.php

Here is my homemade hay rack type with removable sides, made the same width as my atv so it trails good in the woods, a plus to this style is there's no tongue weight.

picture.php

Depending on the terrain this trailer would work for a large ATV. It's built really well and the dump is a huge plus. I don’t think I would want to be in front of it on a good downhill.
attachment.php

That might be the handiest looking little trailer I've ever seen. I would love to have something like that.

Matt and truba...I like the trailers!! I might have to look into making myself one like that...no tongue weight would be great. How do those pull in the deep snow?

I use a 4'x8' now, but it can't get to all my wood piles so I have to use one of those little trailers from home depot that you can tow behind a lawn tractor. So I just load up the racks with a stack and make every trip as worth while as I can!!

Sundance, if you're going to get that kind of trialer, I'd just go to Lowe's or HD and pick up one for a garden trailer for like $125. All depends on how much wood you have to move and how much time you have!

goof008 mine pulls pretty good, I use to pull it with my 250 SX 3 wheeler but if it snows much I have to pull it with my 4 wheel drive atv as it hauls alot of wood and gets pretty hevy

Are those actual trailer axles or something you put together from an old lawn tractor or something like that?

Mine tows fine even in the highest amount of snow. I have one of the bigger cc atv's. I also have a plow and keep the access roads clear with it but i can go anywhere anytime with it never had any problems getting stuck. With that trailer full one person can move it pretty easily on flat ground.

I honestly don't know who makes it. I got it and it was just a flat boars on the axles. Its a solid frame. I welded square stock on so the 2x3s would slide in and out so i can take the sides off in a few minutes time.
I got the frame part free since it needed work but I fixed it up and its an awesome trailer. Its a good size to.

matt9923 I like your tires I have been thinking about getting some wider tires for mine I'm currently running 480x8 I might have to pull the trigger on some 850x8 as it would make pulling in the mud a little easier.

All those trailers rated for much more than hauling wood. The only thing I don't care for on most is the short tounge. I extend the tongue at least 12" on every trailer I own. bring in ten cords every year with this one. I need a small trailer to whip around all these trees.

All those trailers rated for much more than hauling wood. The only thing I don't care for on most is the short tounge. I extend the tongue at least 12" on every trailer I own. bring in ten cords every year with this one. I need a small trailer to whip around all these trees.

That's a good idea i usually take 2 trips with trailer and splitter.

You got a little convoy! LOL

Back