ATV Trailer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing is that I can't back it up well, much harder that backing a trailer with a car or truck. After about 2 or 3 backwards jack-knifes, I just get off the ATV and pick up the trailer and point it to where I wanna back up to.:dizzy:

Ditto here...until another ATV nut harvester showed me how to back up with an ATV plus woods trailer with an extended tongue.
Extend the tongue (easy weld) at least 2' -5', or more. Mine is now ~5' from the body. Go slow and don't cut hard. It works most of the time.
Your tongue looks short.:popcorn:

Ditto here...until another ATV nut harvester showed me how to back up with an ATV plus woods trailer with an extended tongue.
Extend the tongue (easy weld) at least 2' -5', or more. Mine is now ~5' from the body. Go slow and don't cut hard. It works most of the time.
Your tongue looks short.:popcorn:

I don't see how your having that much trouble? Mine (first page) is a PITA but single axles are easy. Am i missing something?

The fact of another experience over many years with many others doing the same: working the woods with an ATV, and a single axle trailer. And the partial solution of extending the tongue---single AND double axle trailers. Experience.
Yes, you are missing.............:popcorn:

I don't see the issue, iv had many trailers and yes that particular can be A PITA the first time but not being able to figure it out don't make seance to me?

Well part of the trouble is the short tongue. the other part I think is that when the trailer is empty, it is pretty light. So when backing up. a wheel will hit on a stick, rock or something and slow up that tire causing the trailer to turn when not wanted. It also will ride on things rather than going over stuff because of the weight. Other than that, $40 WELL spent.

Well part of the trouble is the short tongue. the other part I think is that when the trailer is empty, it is pretty light. So when backing up. a wheel will hit on a stick, rock or something and slow up that tire causing the trailer to turn when not wanted. It also will ride on things rather than going over stuff because of the weight. Other than that, $40 WELL spent.

Ok, understood. Made it sound like you just couldn't do it. Iv had the same problems but mine usually had 4x as much as it should, ill get a picture of it, axle bent tires hitting the side, mangled rim....

I don't see the issue, iv had many trailers and yes that particular can be A PITA the first time but not being able to figure it out don't make seance to me?

That's it Matthew, we can't back up 'cause we're having a seance while doing it. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Ok, understood. Made it sound like you just couldn't do it. Iv had the same problems but mine usually had 4x as much as it should, ill get a picture of it, axle bent tires hitting the side, mangled rim....

We are not worthy. We are not worthy. We are................:monkey::monkey:

Latest posts

Back