Another 346xp Has Found A Home!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProMac1K

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Finally got my hands on the right one this time. My dealer ordered one for the first time, and they sent a 346xp E-Tech. Fortunately, I told him what the differences were and what to look for on an E-Tech model, so when that one came he called the company back and must have found the right person to talk to. Husky just happened to have a 346xp non-E-Tech powerhead in a box, that wasn't actually in inventory, but the contact found that it was in stock. Thankfully it was 2-day shipping this time, instead of 3-day like last time. It took me just over a week to get it, but i've finally got it. :rock:

I put an 18" bar on it for the time being, as I had an extra one for another saw. It's too cold to go out and try it now, 9° and like -20° wind chill, but I got it sitting in the kitchen. I'm going to get out the polishing rag first thing and give it a going over, the dealer was inexcusably handling the saw when he was filling it up, and had a few mishaps that I don't want to relive. Oh well, i'm still giddy! :blob2:

Thanks again guys for the recommendation, you guys are great! :yourock:

BTW, I handled both the Jonsered equivalents of the 359 and 365, and honestly could hardly tell a difference in weight. Maybe Troll isn't fibbing us when he says the 357/359 chassis is slightly heavier than they say. I couldn't believe the size and weight difference between the 346 and those other two saws, its crazy! If porting this one will get me up to power similarities with those other two saws, i'm all for that!! :)

BTW, I handled both the Jonsered equivalents of the 359 and 365, and honestly could hardly tell a difference in weight. Maybe Troll isn't fibbing us when he says the 357/359 chassis is slightly heavier than they say. I couldn't believe the size and weight difference between the 346 and those other two saws, its crazy! .....

Your observations fits well with the facts, and congratulations! :cheers:

Last edited:
Thank you all! :)

I'm sorry, I didn't have any time to get any pics yet. I wanted to give it a polish since it's a little sloppy from when he filled it up. Then I went to town to get another link stuck on the spare chain for the bar, since it was too short. Oh, and it's got a Total bar on it that I had for a spare for the 490. I will take some pics tomorrow, when there's some daylight. Where should I take the pic? What kind of scenery do you guys want? :laugh:

Got another saw coming, and maybe one or two after that. It's been a decent fall, other than the fact that my firewood isn't seasoned and I can't get any burn time out of it. So I thought the solution to that was to buy more saws so I can get more cutting done ahead of time for next year. :laugh:

It's going to be an orange Christmas here, baby! :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:

Something I just noticed while cleaning it up, there's no metal serial tag on this one like on the 385. Is that because it's more along the lines of a homeowner saw (grouped with the 353)?

Something I just noticed while cleaning it up, there's no metal serial tag on this one like on the 385. Is that because it's more along the lines of a homeowner saw (grouped with the 353)?

It is sort of hidden on those saws; You can see part of it between the rear part of the clutch cover and the lower right part of the handlebar (in decent light) - to read the serial number, you probably have to take the clutch cover off. :)

If it isn't there, something is fishy.......

It is sort of hidden on those saws; You can see part of it between the rear part of the clutch cover and the lower right part of the handlebar (in decent light) - to read the serial number, you probably have to take the clutch cover off. :)

If it isn't there, something is fishy.......

Thank you! It is there, and it is indeed a '09 model! :clap:

Latest posts

Back