Myth Buster , A Husqvarna 572 has WAY more power than a Husqvarna 575 Right?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weimedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
DO Simple Mods like on the HTSS DO anything but make noise?
Will the 572 modern saw stomp on the lowely 575, the scourge of the Husqvarna pro saw world?
And what can you really learn with those "one" cookie cut video evaluations.
"
Actually did this video with another YouTuber in mind. The one cookie cut as a eval of saw speed. At first? Was actually going to make a little fun of it. BUT as I began to get into the "filming" it struck me in the past I would take a few cuts to get used to the wood and the saw then do a "hot lap" after that familiarization happened. An "Adapted" to the situation operator. In this video I was pressed for time. SO just put up the camera and did the first cut sometimes a second but really NO prep or familiarization. And you know what? Learned something. " The saw I was running for the most was easiest for me to go rip and tear first cut, real time.....572HTSS. And it wasn't just because of the properties of the saw, its also the hours of familiarity I already HAVE on that saw. Like the old trusty hunting rifle. Kind of makes THAT familiar old tool appear to perform better than the others ones.

Second. Because of how I built it (572HTSS), the power delivery is something I'm used to, just more of it. Same as the 565 and 575. Wide easy power bands to figure out, so when I got to the 572 stocker I was "used" to running the other saws therefore subconsciously was using the feed back like sound and feel to work it thru that first cut w/o stalling the chain. My bet? A stock 572 would be a second better than the Stock 565 and the "No Base Gasket build" 575 would be a second better than the stock 572 based on perception of "feel" after that day. IF I took the time to familiarize myself with those two saws. In fact all those there would have gained a second or two on the HTSS had I did what I usually do and work with it before doing the timed cut. But that is the point right? A "work" saw that makes it easy to accomplish tasks real time first time with no "practice", isn't it. Kind of validates the build concept for the 572 HTSS "Junk Pile Saw" even to a skeptic like me. :) "

Back