New GB Arbor Pro Bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anybody tried these yet?

attachment.php

Looks nice.

Where are they made?

Last word was GB going to China.

If not, I gotsta get me one!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I have run a 15" of that bar for some time now and it seems to hold up just fine !!

The 'new' (restructured) GB has been in operation since February last year. Product availability was pretty iffy last year, I think it all took time to crank everything back up after the sale.
All I know is that most anyone I know was waiting a while for certain things, eg Noses, etc.
Stihlman441 bought some Ti CN-40 bars from one of the major saw suppliers here at the end of July last year no problems, but had to wait for spare noses.

Tom Beerens had been spending a lot of time in China, one of the reps from their major competitor here sprung him on the stand for Qirui Bars in Shanghai at a trade show last year, and Qirui advertise they now make harvester bars after a tie in with GB. They also state on their (Qirui's) website "In 2008 Qirui company has joined venture with GB company...."

Last edited:
why is it so damn hard for them to update their website?

Geez Mike, if they did that they might actually sell some product, and we couldn't have that now, could we...:dunno:

Some companies are net savvy, some aren't, maybe GB's thinking is that the market they target don't even know how to turn a computer on

Prior to the problems they had, GB were one of the major wholesalers of most all saw and chain parts here.
It's interesting that JakMax, their major competitor now and owned by an ex-GB director have a brilliant website, online catalogue and ordering setup. JM also ended up with the Carlton agency for Australia which probably outsells all other brands of chain here and they make it very easy for all the saw shops to deal with.

Tsumura bars are another that are virtually www invisible.
They make arguably the best bar in the world, but how do you find out about them or order stock ?
The parent company (Tsumura is a brand name, I think it's the name of one of the owners/designer) has a web site, it was hell to track down but it's all in Japanese without an English translation so you have to run it through 'Babel fish' to nut it out. I wanted to import some as a side line as a few people had used the Carlton branded version while GB were down and were very impressed with them, but JM have started to import some to fill holes in their Carlton line, or as an adjunct, so I have some 24" Tsumura bars coming courtesy of Matt/MCW just for my own use.

{edit} BTW the bar steel for the GB Ti CN-40 and harvester bars used to be produced/milled here by Bisalloy (Bisplate 500) so you would think they would still be making those here....I hope.
It wouldn't make sense to export the plate, cut and grind it and bring it back from China.....would it ??

Last edited:
@tdi-rick

I guess that's what they were thinking. But I cannot understand why this guy is making all sorts of promises to dealers of monthly bulletins and this and that--just put up a freaking modern updated webpage first. The CN-40 bars aren't even on there.

But at this point (what are we 20 years out from the first companies getting web pages?), I think it's a necessity, regardless of what business you're in. I guess that's not their attitude but, IMHO, consumers today (whether consumer consumers or professional consumers) demand transparency and want to know what's available. Even the most obscure companies making very, very special product have web pages, even for obscure niche markets. Another aussie company, Shibeci (makes milling machine drums), has a very special cutter drum for asphalt profiling and cold planing machines. Cannot imagine that they sell more than 1000 a year, and yet they have a 10 minute youtube video about it. The Beerens guy should take note.

This is almost as dumb as VP racing fuels over here. They wont even put a dealer locator on their website. You have to call them and speak to someone who makes small talk for several minutes then they will refer you to some guy who sells the stuff out of his garage. PITA. Absolutely not the way to do things these days.

Last edited:
Is there any "fine print", that you haven't read?

If not, this is really good news! :)

Seriously, just "Australia" vs. a clearly stated "made in Australia" isn't quite the same.

All of these Arbor Pro bars say "Australia" on the bar just like the larger CN40 Titanium series. The first ones we got in a few weeks ago (16") said "Made In Australia" on the sleeve but had a "Made In China" sticker over it.

Yesterday some 18" Arbor Pro's came in without the "made In China" sticker on the sleeve?

The 16" and 18" bars have a slightly different tip on them? So we're guessing some are Australian made and some are China made.

The question is, are they selling for the Chinese made price or the Aussie made price? I would be a little hesitant to put out the same money for a Ti bar that is made in China. Not because it would be subpar quality, but it is costing GB a lot less to produce.

Interesting to note that the printing and graphics started to change on the Titanium bars back in July last year.These are a 18'' and 25'' 3/8 .063 and they both have Australian made on them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back