New GB Arbor Pro Bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of these Arbor Pro bars say "Australia" on the bar just like the larger CN40 Titanium series. The first ones we got in a few weeks ago (16") said "Made In Australia" on the sleeve but had a "Made In China" sticker over it.

Yesterday some 18" Arbor Pro's came in without the "made In China" sticker on the sleeve?

The 16" and 18" bars have a slightly different tip on them? So we're guessing some are Australian made and some are China made.

Well, I "smelled" "made in China" immediately, from the first picture in this thread! :givebeer:

wait so is that orange painted small mount arbor pro bar on the dolmar a cn-40 bar?

No, it's the first half of your sentence, an Arbor Pro bar, no mention of Ti CN 40 in an literature i have.

Chain Saw Arbor Pro MG & MH
This range covers professional replacement nose bars for
medium size saws up to 20”.
3/8”, .325” only in .050”, .058” and .063” gauge.

I wish I could post a pdf I have of the flyer that goes with the letter I posted on page 1, it details the complete range but it's a bit too large to upload (1.35mb)

Well they say AUSTRALIA on them??????

Scott

They say Australia on them, not "Made In Australia" as Sawtroll mentioned - big difference. This is something that is making Australian's blood boil as it is happening to 1000's of Australian products as we speak. If the GB bars were still made in Australia I can assure you their bars would have "Made In Australia" on them - they would be proud to print that all over them in Bold Italic Underline ;) but they can't, as they aren't made in Australia so it's illegal and also deceiving in the same breath if they did. Please read my bottom response in this post...

Is there any "fine print", that you haven't read?

If not, this is really good news! :)

Seriously, just "Australia" vs. a clearly stated "made in Australia" isn't quite the same.

Spot on Sawtroll.

Interesting to note that the printing and graphics started to change on the Titanium bars back in July last year.These are a 18'' and 25'' 3/8 .063 and they both have Australian made on them.

Where do they have Australian made written on them mate? Don't be confused with them just having Australia on them. As mentioned above, if they were made in Australia they would have "Made In Australia" printed on them.
GB are playing possum when it comes to publicly admitting where their bars are being made. If I hadn't been getting sent "inside information" (so to speak) most of us would have been none the wiser that GB had gone offshore.
Both myself and another dealer (who sells 10 times more than me) approached the "new" GB (After Direct Agencies bought them out) and were assured the rep would be in touch to set up accounts with us both - we didn't hear from them any further. After this we both found out they had been doing deals in China and getting gear made overseas - I have a lot of GB public press releases (more like private!) to back this up. Last I heard though their harvester bars are the last Australian made bars they are making however this was months ago. The only Australian Made bars you will find for hand held saws are old stock - I can assure you if this wasn't the case GB would have well and truly come out swinging to prove otherwise.
Tom Beerens (GB Managing Director and the "B" in "GB") is a member on another chainsaw forum and a regular reader - a similar thread such as this popped up and NOT ONCE did he chime in and prove anyone wrong as far as where his bars are being made - he was reading it too. That's proof enough...

Jakmax have them well and truly covered with stock and variety now and are getting better every day. Their service is second to none. They actually approached ME to set up an account, unlike GB who never even get back to two potential customers. I think GB will be one of those companies in the future who's bars you will see on the Talon/Poulan/McCulloch/Cheaparsed saws at the supermarket.

As far as I'm concerned this is another great Australian company that got bought out then sold out to China :censored:

I need hard core PROOF that GB are making hand held saw bars in Australia - despite digging and digging and digging none has been forthcoming, even from emailing GB directly...

Thanks for that MCW i stand corrected.Anyway i have given those two bars a good work out and i cant tell any difference than others i have been using over the years.:)

Thanks for that MCW i stand corrected.Anyway i have given those two bars a good work out and i cant tell any difference than others i have been using over the years.:)

Hey no worries mate. There was a period after Direct Agencies took over where the paintwork looked exactly like the bars you have while no "evidence" (so to speak) was out yet to suggest they were Chinese made - I'm guessing they were Chinese just that nobody knew it yet? I'm sure they're good bars regardless but it does get up my nose when the cost of those bars doesn't drop, despite moving manufacturing offshore to China. I'll stick with the Carlton Pro Sprocket bars from now on as they are either German, Canadian, or Japanese.

Me too. I won't be selling these to any plain old bozo customer either ;)

Aww, does this mean Al and I don't qualify for a gen-u-ine GB Oz bar ?

images
images

.......Al...............Rick

Last edited:
Aww, does this mean Al and I don't qualify for a gen-u-ine GB Oz bar ?

images
images

.......Al...............Rick

Nah you guys are safe Rick! What I mean is that if old mate comes in with his 029 where the bar is burnt, his chain hasn't been sharpened for 10 years, he's got oil in the fuel tank and fuel in the oil tank he WON'T be getting an Aussie made GB Pro Top :D - He'll be getting a cheap arsed laminated Taiwanese piece of snot.
Come to think of it, I don't know yourself and Al very well...

Where do they have Australian made written on them mate? Don't be confused with them just having Australia on them. As mentioned above, if they were made in Australia they would have "Made In Australia" printed on them.
GB are playing possum when it comes to publicly admitting where their bars are being made. If I hadn't been getting sent "inside information" (so to speak) most of us would have been none the wiser that GB had gone offshore.
Both myself and another dealer (who sells 10 times more than me) approached the "new" GB (After Direct Agencies bought them out) and were assured the rep would be in touch to set up accounts with us both - we didn't hear from them any further. After this we both found out they had been doing deals in China and getting gear made overseas - I have a lot of GB public press releases (more like private!) to back this up. Last I heard though their harvester bars are the last Australian made bars they are making however this was months ago. The only Australian Made bars you will find for hand held saws are old stock - I can assure you if this wasn't the case GB would have well and truly come out swinging to prove otherwise.
Tom Beerens (GB Managing Director and the "B" in "GB") is a member on another chainsaw forum and a regular reader - a similar thread such as this popped up and NOT ONCE did he chime in and prove anyone wrong as far as where his bars are being made - he was reading it too. That's proof enough...

Jakmax have them well and truly covered with stock and variety now and are getting better every day. Their service is second to none. They actually approached ME to set up an account, unlike GB who never even get back to two potential customers. I think GB will be one of those companies in the future who's bars you will see on the Talon/Poulan/McCulloch/Cheaparsed saws at the supermarket.

As far as I'm concerned this is another great Australian company that got bought out then sold out to China :censored:

I need hard core PROOF that GB are making hand held saw bars in Australia - despite digging and digging and digging none has been forthcoming, even from emailing GB directly...

That's what I was waiting for, if Matt or Rick don't know then nobody does. Good work guys, too bad about another good product as I now have two of the roller nose Ti bars and will continue to buy them up:cheers:

Latest posts

Back