Picking up the winch this week...CANT WAIT!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAMROD48

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well the dealer and I came to an agreement...so I will be picking up the winch Tues or Wed morning...and I have off on Friday so...:rock:

Very EXCITED.....cut down about 60 trees this weekend, just to get ready for it...lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

Any difference between this one and a Farmi ???????? Would love to get one.It is on my wish list ---- maybe this fall if the lawncare business pays well .

Any difference between this one and a Farmi ???????? Would love to get one.It is on my wish list ---- maybe this fall if the lawncare business pays well .

I cant answer that question....never been up close and personal with a Farmi...I hear stories of 30? year old farmi's still being used daily...

I have searched and searched and have not found any negative on the Fransgard, and this one is at a very good price...(Demo)

Very nice. I have a Farmi 601 and it looks just like that. I like mine a lot when I use it. I'm thinking of selling it because I don't use it much. But then again when I need it it's nice to have. If you use it you will be very happy with that unit.

Scott

I cant answer that question....never been up close and personal with a Farmi...I hear stories of 30? year old farmi's still being used daily...

That be the one that I have that Davec now has possession of. I bought mine in 1977 or 1978.Mine was abused by some folks that have been borrowing it over the last ~20 years and Davec is a classic motorhead so he tore it down and had some stuff staightened and he put new bearings in the PTO drive gear side. He is the kind of guy that onces he tears into something he makes it new again. He got it all back together this weekend. He was also able to get replacement parts for some of the things he wanted to replace. I will go poke him and see if he is willing to share the story/photos of his rebuild.

I have the Farmi 351P on my 45HP and it has been one of the best investments I have ever done. I would never go back to the old way of harvesting trees. I have dragged logs over 200ft within the woods to the trail using extension cable and lot of snatchblocks. You will be very happy.

Very nice. I have a Farmi 601 and it looks just like that. I like mine a lot when I use it. I'm thinking of selling it because I don't use it much. But then again when I need it it's nice to have. If you use it you will be very happy with that unit.

Scott

I called 3 of my customers to see if they wanted to sell theirs....

All of them answered the same...

"Nope, even though I dont use it much, its too useful to get rid of..."

I own the same winch, it works great with no troubles yet. My first project with it was to log off 3 acres at my Vermont place and it preformed without a problem. Good luck with it.

Ken

I own the same winch, it works great with no troubles yet. My first project with it was to log off 3 acres at my Vermont place and it preformed without a problem. Good luck with it.

Ken

Hitting the road at O dark 30 in the morning....gonna go get it before work in the morning...

First job for this one will be around 75 acres....starting with the 60 trees I took down Sat and about 20 that I took down tonight...:clap:...

We also marked another 200 or so....:cheers::cheers:

I have a ton of work this summer....hahaha

Last edited:
Hitting the road at O dark 30 in the morning....gonna go get it before work in the morning...

First job for this one will be around 75 acres....starting with the 60 trees I took down Sat and about 20 that I took down tonight...:clap:...

We also marked another 200 or so....:cheers::cheers:

I have a ton of work this summer....hahaha

What size is that winch? Wht kind of tractor are you going to use to push it.

Scott

What size is that winch? Wht kind of tractor are you going to use to push it.

Scott

Its a V4000 40hp (35-60hp)

Its going on a Zetor 42hp Tractor with Allied bucket loader....:clap:

Just to be clear, I can take 10 years to do this project OR I can do it all this year if I have the time....

Picked it up, and brought it home...even made it to work on time:cheers::cheers:

Cograts on the winch. I'm very jealous. Maybe you have already mentioned in a different thread, but what tractor is this going on?
Thanks

Look at post #13 in this thread...:hmm3grin2orange:

You do know that we will need action shots. I cannot wait to get your review of how it works for you.

Thanks in advance for the action shots.

Back