Picking up the winch this week...CANT WAIT!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tell your boss you have a hot date with a winch. He will think you said wench and let you off early. :)

he would call my wife and ask her about the wench comment.....:cry:

Should have waited till Friday to go get it.....:deadhorse:

:hmm3grin2orange:

This thing is AWESOME....

I am usually the person to find fault in the smallest stuff...

the only thing I could find to be slightly unworthy is the PLASTIC:dizzy: pulleys for the engagement rope???

they will be replaced with metal ones, but thats it....

There was one tree that I thought NO WAY....well it moved it without so much as a whimper....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sorry about the dark photos....I was having so much fun that I forgot to stop and take pics....:cheers:

Milkie, as long as your 3 point is in good working order, along with the PTO, I see no reason that old Ford won't work just fine. It may even have a small advantage over most farm tractors with it's relatively low center of gravity. Just watch for any high stumps you could get hung up on.

Ramrod- nice outfit. Hope it lasts you many years. I'm now officially jealous, but the 3 pt drawbar on the Massey and some log chains will have to do till "spare" cash shows up!

This thing is AWESOME....

I am usually the person to find fault in the smallest stuff...

the only thing I could find to be slightly unworthy is the PLASTIC:dizzy: pulleys for the engagement rope???

they will be replaced with metal ones, but thats it....

There was one tree that I thought NO WAY....well it moved it without so much as a whimper....

attachment.php

cheers:

Your setup looks good. Winches are super handy especially if you have hilly or wet ground not accessible by a tractor or atv.

Enjoy, and remember to always pull straight off the rear:cheers:

Thanks for the action shots. I really want one but just do not have the money right now. Oh well some day I will get one. Maybe next time we log the farm I will be able to justify it.

Thanks again for the action shots please send more.

Milkie, as long as your 3 point is in good working order, along with the PTO, I see no reason that old Ford won't work just fine.

I ran my Farmi winch with an old Ford 9N. I could drag monster ~20" trees out of the woods in two hunks. One pull for the main trunk, and one pull for the top.

Sorry for not recognizing a tractor I've never heard of?

Its o.k. until I started using this one, I would have said the same thing...

But now that I have used this one, I would buy another....

Hello Folks,
Here are some pic’s. of my winch/grapple and splitter setup. So far this combo has been great for me. I have had no problems with any of the equipment so far. The grapple I made by modifying a set of pallet forks. Anything that I could buy weighed too much and reduced my load lifting capability of the loader. I just added an auto cycle valve to the splitter and now I can really process wood fast by myself. I’m going to build a 6-way wedge and table grate for the splitter next.

Take care,
Ken

Hello Folks,
Here are some pic’s. of my winch/grapple and splitter setup. So far this combo has been great for me. I have had no problems with any of the equipment so far. The grapple I made by modifying a set of pallet forks. Anything that I could buy weighed too much and reduced my load lifting capability of the loader. I just added an auto cycle valve to the splitter and now I can really process wood fast by myself. I’m going to build a 6-way wedge and table grate for the splitter next.

Take care,
Ken

Boy Klocke you have a nice setup. It would be nice to see more pics of it. I think it would be awsome if you started a NEW post on your setup and how you do your wood cutting/ processing.

Beefie

Latest posts

Back