I would like to try a Save Edge file

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isaaccarlson

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Does anyone have a 7/32 round file I can try? I would like to try one out before buying a case.

One of the few times I will say Efff Baileys. Go straight to saveedge.com and use the contact link. They'll sell you as few or many as you'd like. Other posts on here indicate that they might even be willing to send ya a sample, but I can't vouch for that.

Good people there at save edge, and willing to do what they need to to get customers.

I have only 1 left of a half dozen I got earlier in the year. Friends got most of em, and 1 or 2 just grew legs. I'll be ordering more in the fall if you want to wait, or get one to try out and we can split up the shipping on a bunch if we meet up somewhere.

Good stuff, way above Oregon quality, and a shade better than the Stihl files for less money.

I'm looking at the SaveEdge website now, and have the latest Bailey's flyer in my hand. The price listed for 7/32nd round files is the same at both. I know there is shipping and handling tacked on at Baileys, and it's coming from California, buuuuuuut...Baileys does have free shipping on orders over $200 till 8/31. I usually stock up on oil files, chain, and other stuff I don't really need before the fall wood cutting season begins. I do not know what SaveEdge charges for shipping, but would be interested to hear from anyone that has ordered from them. I have also used the Pferd brand of files and they seem to work very nice as well. I think the key with any of them is don't be afraid to toss it once you've used it a while. The do dull.

Does anyone have a 7/32 round file I can try? I would like to try one out before buying a case.

I can mail you one. I used them for the first time last night on a chain I was debating whether I should put it on the grinder or not, and WOW those things cut so fast it was an absolute joy to file that rocked chain. I was however a little disappointed on the sharpness it seemed to me that the finish of the cut was a little rough. So I decided to follow up with Pferd fine cut files that I have been using and I am pleased to say I can preform cataract surgery with my chain.
IMO I would use the Save Edge files for repair and a finer cut file to finish or to maintain the edge. Either way shoot me a PM and I'll send you one to tryout . I don't think you'll be disappointed.
As a side note I have used Stihl, Timber Savage, Husqvarna, Oregon, Pferd, Nelson, McNeil, and some diamond files. IMO Save Edge files cut the fastest! :cheers:

how would the chain cut if the edge was not touched up with a pferd file. Sounds like the save edge is more for filing rocked chains? Would it be possible to try a save edge from one of you and a pferd from the other?

It's not like the Save Edge did a bad job! I thought the finish was a little rough compaired to the Pferd but then again I am very picky. I can send you both if you like.

MNGuns.....Flushcut is already on it. You can send one if you want...:blob2: Rep to ya!

That was the quickest shipping ever! I got the files today. They are WAY meatier than my oregon/stihl files.

I have not had a chance to use them yet. I have been too busy helping a friend put up hay. I'm hoping to use them this week.:cry::cry:

Hay..... Hay this is a wood site get cuttin! It's all good get er dun! I love the smell of fresh cut alfalfa. :cheers:

No hay after that storm we had last night.....Soaked the hay clean through....gonna take two days to dry out. I get to go cut wood!!!! I am gonna grab those new files and see how they work.

Ike

Latest posts

Back