Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
i found this 064 in atlanta back in may. the only problem is that atlanta is 240mi from my house. i have a nephew who lives there and he was up to picking the saw up for me.

today, my son and i did a day trip to a braves game and i ran by and grabbed the saw. it looks a little rough, but there are no cracks in the plastic. the chainbrake is gone as well as the front handle. someone did a decent job of copying a handle, but the iron pipe is not too great for balance. the saw seems to have good compression. i will clean it up and post some better pics and maybe a vid tomorrow.

can someone tell me if that gap around the filter cover is supposed to be there? there are no cracks on either piece.

if anyone has either the front handle or chainbrake handle, let me know. i am going to cut a few large trees next weekend and i would like to try this saw out.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Same gap is in my 064 as well. I finally relented today and let my BIL buy mine from me :cry:. They are really great saws with tons of low end but I liked my 7900 better. I might have a flush handle from a 660 that would fit.

i had a chance to run the saw last evening. it runs perfectly other than the chain turning at idle. i have ordered the clutch springs this morning, i have a front handle on the way from a fellow member, and i hope to have a chainbrake handle from another member. i checked the compression and got a reading of 155, so it seems like the p/c are likely fine. a couple of the muffler cover bolts were rusted tight, so i couldn't pull it to have a look. i left them soaking with PB and hope to have a few minutes this evening to peek in.
one thing i did notice was that the PO put a 8 pin sprocket on this saw. i may go back to a 7, though i doubt that it will ever wear more than a 24" bar. i do have a 36" for the rare, big stuff.

oh yeah, here is a pic of my son at the Braves' game. he starts first grade today!!!!!!
attachment.php

Last edited:
Great pic of the son. Yep he's a Murphy, through and through. I'll have to pick around the box of 066 stuff, may have something for you. I remember my first day of the first grade. Mrs L.N. Johnson, wish I would have paid more attention.

:givebeer:

i had her too. to this day i think she was my favorite teacher. i remember one time she was out of the room. i did a baseball slide to the door. when i stood up she was there. she took me to her desk and administered a little corrective action. needless to say, my mother new about this (she taught two halls over. for those of you who don't know are from the same small town and are jus a few years apart) bf i got home and she gave me a little touch-up just to get the point across.
everyone should have been taught by this lady........for her, teaching was a calling.
let me know if you have a CB handle.

i had her too. to this day i think she was my favorite teacher. i remember one time she was out of the room. i did a baseball slide to the door. when i stood up she was there. she took me to her desk and administered a little corrective action. needless to say, my mother new about this (she taught two halls over. for those of you who don't know are from the same small town and are jus a few years apart) bf i got home and she gave me a little touch-up just to get the point across.
everyone should have been taught by this lady........for her, teaching was a calling.
let me know if you have a CB handle.

Back in those days they allowed teachers to teach, and to discipline when needed. We need more of that in our nation nowadays. It wasn't the teachers I was scared of, it was the 4 foot, ten inch tall grandma that would kick the living :censored::censored::censored: out of you when you got off the bus.

Didn't mean to hijack a thread on 064's, great saws.

:dizzy:

Back