Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
muley, didn't i pm you last night that i got it and it went together fine? i can remeber, i sent several pm's last night, and i clean out the sent folder to make room. if not, i certainly owe you a big favor. i looks great. now, if i can just find the chainbrake handle i will be all set. it is cleaned up an looks 100% better without the grease and with the new handle.
i am now thinking about a 066BB kit on top of it.......99cc's ported sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!

muley, didn't i pm you last night that i got it and it went together fine? i can remeber, i sent several pm's last night, and i clean out the sent folder to make room. if not, i certainly owe you a big favor. i looks great. now, if i can just find the chainbrake handle i will be all set. it is cleaned up an looks 100% better without the grease and with the new handle.
i am now thinking about a 066BB kit on top of it.......99cc's ported sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!

I got the PM, just wanted to bump this one cause I want to see your vids of this the 385 and 7900's. My interest is peaked. I know where there are a couple of 385's and wanted to see how they run against the other two.

An 064 is only 5 oz heavier than a 046.

Once, I was convinced that the weight of the 064 went up with time and development - is that info wrong?

The later ones were listed at 7.1kg, the earlier ones in the 6.6 to 6.8kg range, according to the documentasion I have (just looked it up). The 046/460 always was listed at 6.5kg, until the MS441 appeared :dizzy:, for comparison.

i am stoked.....three 85cc saws!!!!! i had run into a problem with getting the cylinder of off the 7900; i could not turn the cylinder bolts with my t-handle. so yesterday i bought a long-handled torx with a hex shaft from TSC. last night i took a 4mm wrench and put on the shaft. i then took and open-ended wrench and hooked over the smaller one. this gave me the leverage i needed to break the bolts. i have never had any that i couldn't break with the t-handle, but know i have a solution if i have the same problem again. i think i am going to take a torx socket, knock the torx bit out of the socket and weld the cut-off torx shaft in to place. then i can run it on my impact and have the reach to remove those stubborn cylinder bolts.
the saw runs and is now waiting to have the muffler and plastic put back on and it will be finished. i need to put the same parts back on the 064 and it will be ready. tomorrow should be fun!!!!

I got the PM, just wanted to bump this one cause I want to see your vids of this the 385 and 7900's. My interest is peaked. I know where there are a couple of 385's and wanted to see how they run against the other two.

You get a 385 or 390 husky and you'll throw rocks at the 660.:hmm3grin2orange:

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back