My splitter project!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, looks tuff. Is that a 3" cylinder? Hope you got a pump to run it and keep decent cycle times. I then hope you have a motor to turn the pump.

-Steve

Edit, you didn't have a first post when I originally posted. Cool. A 27 hp Kow and liquid cooled to boot! Looks like it will be fun. Now, how bout the pump? lol

attachment.php

Now that the best log splitter picture yet..

Freakingstang said:
wow, looks tuff. Is that a 3" cylinder? Hope you got a pump to run it and keep decent cycle times. I then hope you have a motor to turn the pump.

-Steve

Edit, you didn't have a first post when I originally posted. Cool. A 27 hp Kow and liquid cooled to boot! Looks like it will be fun. Now, how bout the pump? lol

5.75" bore 3.5" rod, going with a 28gpm two stage, shouldn't need to go much past idle!!! I tried to tell you all it was SICK!!!!!
Andy

sawinredneck said:
04: the brown bottle is the 3L, took me 5 years to find one!!!

Have one sitting right here in the box.. won it in a raffle.. never opened also a friend has a full 3liter that he bought on ebay for 125.00 for export

DDM said:
With that 27HP Kawi you shouldnt have any problem moving the pump.

That is what I am hoping for!!! I was going to go with the 16gpm single, but was told it wasn't a good idea!?!
Andy

DDM said:
You might want a 28GPM you have the power to push it.

That is what I am going with now, a 28gpm 2 stage, I was going to go with the 16gpm single stage until I was talked out of it.
Andy

Make sure you get a high enough flow valve with 3/4" ports otherwise you will be defeating pump.And a large resevoir.

I hbave an 18 gallon res. to use, the valves, well................... I have two set now, one set has 5/8" port openings (thread size). The other set, I have never seen anything like them before!!!!!!!!!!! 1 1/2 feed 7/8" ports. Methinks that is overkill, but the others seem a little small?
Andy
Want pics?

looks like you have a 2 spool and a single spool.The single appears to be a running as some type of priority off the 2 spool. Take it to the car wash LOL

Ok, car wash and the reseal kit I have for the twin spool, that I can split for a single, but which do I use? Oversize? Or questionable?
Andy

Back