My splitter project!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freakingstang

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
wow, looks tuff. Is that a 3" cylinder? Hope you got a pump to run it and keep decent cycle times. I then hope you have a motor to turn the pump.

-Steve

Edit, you didn't have a first post when I originally posted. Cool. A 27 hp Kow and liquid cooled to boot! Looks like it will be fun. Now, how bout the pump? lol

04ultra

04ultra

"Out of Control"
. AS Supporting Member.
attachment.php

Now that the best log splitter picture yet..

sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Freakingstang said:
wow, looks tuff. Is that a 3" cylinder? Hope you got a pump to run it and keep decent cycle times. I then hope you have a motor to turn the pump.

-Steve

Edit, you didn't have a first post when I originally posted. Cool. A 27 hp Kow and liquid cooled to boot! Looks like it will be fun. Now, how bout the pump? lol

5.75" bore 3.5" rod, going with a 28gpm two stage, shouldn't need to go much past idle!!! I tried to tell you all it was SICK!!!!!
Andy

sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
I hbave an 18 gallon res. to use, the valves, well................... I have two set now, one set has 5/8" port openings (thread size). The other set, I have never seen anything like them before!!!!!!!!!!! 1 1/2 feed 7/8" ports. Methinks that is overkill, but the others seem a little small?
Andy
Want pics?

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
looks like you have a 2 spool and a single spool.The single appears to be a running as some type of priority off the 2 spool. Take it to the car wash LOL

sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ok, car wash and the reseal kit I have for the twin spool, that I can split for a single, but which do I use? Oversize? Or questionable?
Andy