Oregon PRO versus Power Match Plus Bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuanD

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have only seen the PRO bars a couple times before on saws on Ebay. What's the deal with them? Oregon's website seems to hint that they are better than the Power Match bars, is this correct?

They are very nice bars. With that said, I think most will agree that the GB Titanium bars are about the best around. Ben at NWCS (site sponsor) sells them, as do a few others on this site. I have dealt with Ben personally - he is a good guy, has fair prices, and will have your stuff to you ASAP.

As for the PowerMatch plus bars, they aren't bad, but I would tell you to get a Windsor speed tip from Bailey's. They are cheaper than the Oregon's, and a little bit better quality. Now, if you can get a PowerMatch dirt cheap - well, it makes it worth it.

Never ran the "Pro" oregon. Never seen them around here, but after running the powermatch for years, I'll probably never try another oregon bar again.

The wear if you look at them wrong. Their tips suck. Did I mention they wear if you sneeze to hard?

The windsor speed tips are good bars, and the Tsumara are good bars. I have been using the Tsumara (total, Carlton Premium,etc) for two years now and are the best bar for the money I have found. The GB Protops aren't bad, but they are way to heavy compared to a comparable bar. Never ran the TI GB bars.

clearance said:
Use Oregon tips! Word:confused:

*edit* And I agree with Steve - the Tsumara bars are sweet. Running a 15" Premium Mini .325 bar on my 416 Shinny. Great set-up

Steve, I much preffered Windsors to oregons as well, but the problem is when Oregon bought Windsor they moved production to Oregon's Canadian plant. They must be using the same steel in both bars as the Windsors are now butter soft, just like a Oregon.Also the Windsor .325 bars made by sabdvik are no longer sold. they where the best .325 bar going.
The tips on the Windsors is still better than Oregons IMO.
The GB pro-tops arent that great IMO. The TI bars are OK, though the tips are not as durable as some others.

bwalker said:
Steve, I much preffered Windsors to oregons as well, but the problem is when Oregon bought Windsor they moved production to Oregon's Canadian plant. They must be using the same steel in both bars as the Windsors are now butter soft, just like a Oregon.Also the Windsor .325 bars made by sabdvik are no longer sold. they where the best .325 bar going.
The tips on the Windsors is still better than Oregons IMO.
The GB pro-tops arent that great IMO. The TI bars are OK, though the tips are not as durable as some others.

What others Ben? I am curious on this, I still say the Stihl ES is the best bar made, then the GB Ti is second. Never have found a Tsunami for anything I own, and the Cannons are so overpriced I won't even consider them.
Andy

sawinredneck said:
Cannons are so overpriced I won't even consider them.
Andy
Andy, how do you know that if you have never used them? They must be worth it or they would be out of business, not worth it for weekend warriors, but they are good for pros. You get what you pay for, usualy. I have used Windsor, Oregon and Oregon Pro, Cannon and Stihl, never owned the Cannons I ran but they are all just bars, unless you use it all the time, wtf?

clearance said:
Andy, how do you know that if you have never used them? They must be worth it or they would be out of business, not worth it for weekend warriors, but they are good for pros. You get what you pay for, usualy. I have used Windsor, Oregon and Oregon Pro, Cannon and Stihl, never owned the Cannons I ran but they are all just bars, unless you use it all the time, wtf?

You make two good points, and I will give you that. Yes I am a weekend warior of sorts, but to pay as much for the bar as I did for some of my saws? I can't see they are that they can be that much better, am I missing something? If they really are that good I will save up and buy one, but am not convinced from what I have read about them. Tsunami is pretty much out of business, can't find a new dealer, just NOS bars every now and then for oddball saws. Again, am I missing something? I have heard nothing but GREAT things about them, just can't find them. Windsors seem to be alright but Oregon has left a bad taste in my mouth, for the same money I am running a GB Ti and happy! Just my opinion, change my mind, I am all for learning something:bowdown:
Andy

sawinredneck said:
You make two good points, and I will give you that. Yes I am a weekend warior of sorts, but to pay as much for the bar as I did for some of my saws? I can't see they are that they can be that much better, am I missing something? If they really are that good I will save up and buy one, but am not convinced from what I have read about them. Tsunami is pretty much out of business, can't find a new dealer, just NOS bars every now and then for oddball saws. Again, am I missing something? I have heard nothing but GREAT things about them, just can't find them. Windsors seem to be alright but Oregon has left a bad taste in my mouth, for the same money I am running a GB Ti and happy! Just my opinion, change my mind, I am all for learning something:bowdown:
Andy

The old all white total bars and total II bars were made by GB I believe and haven't been around in a number of years.

The new Tsumara not Tsunami, bars are marketed as Total super bars (clear coating over the steel with the red logo) and carlton premium bars. There might even be a few others.

I have a dealer down the road that carries them. They are not out of business, rather just getting started. Any Tilton Distributor/dealer will carry them.

Back