2171 Jonsered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowe

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello,
I was looking at the 2171 jonsered the other day on the internet. Jonsered is really starting to come on in our area. I have cut several million feet with 372 husky and thought they were a fine saw. however I have made my money with the Stihl 046. I have run the bigger saws and dont really care to run them anymore as we dont have enough big timber to justify it. Plus I am partial to the midrange saws anyway due to there light weight and better balance. I was considering buying one of those 2171 Jonsered and maybe having somebody tune it up a little. If anybody has one tuned up or not let me know what you think of it and who I should get to work on it. Thanks

Pretty sure Gypo Logger has one, may have been modified by Dennis. Got to believe he likes it 'cause I think he got rid of most of his other saws. Rumor has it he needed the cash to make the Clearwater Revival event.

Jeff:D

The Jonsered 2171 is a wonderful saw, but you'll likely notice little difference betwen it and a 372 Husky...a lot of the parts are the same, kind of like the difference between a GMC and a Chevy pickup. In some cases there will be slight differences in porting, evidenced by slightly different advertized power figures.

I happen to like the looks better on the JOnsered saws, but that won't necesarily clinch the sale. In many places JOnsered is still interested in supporting the local dealer, and lots of small shops are starting to notice. For many people a good dealer is a bigger part of the equation...most all the chain saw companies make good product.

Man have you come to the right place. If you contact Dennis Greffard he will hook you up with one bad boy 2171. Dont know what his turnaround time is but it will be worth the wait. Look for a post by "Dennis" (he's all over the darn place) and shoot him an email for a saw that will hang with an 066 for the weight of a 70cc saw

Thanks guys!! Crowe, the 2171 is definitley the sister to the 372, with exterior mods being the difference...and once done up..they get up and talk nicely..I personally like the look and feel of the Jonsereds better...but I also grew up with them...turnaround on saws just ecame shorter with my new tool that dbabcock sent me...and I can do dental work now;) Email me if you are interested in that 2171 Crowe...I am going to be gone for a day or two here this weekend, working on the revival...but I will get back to you Monday..

-free dental work at the Revival by yours truly:)

Hi there, I really like my 2171 by Greff. It will outcut a stock 385 or 066. It is probably the only saw you will ever need except for a 357, 088 and so on. It has seen very little use.
Anyway, I will reluctantly part with it for a paltry 635 USD to the first one who calls me at 905 702 8357, comes with brand new unused 28" Oregon Pro Bar and chain plus extras. Satisfaction gauranteed or money fully refunded within 30 days.
Gypo

hello john,
cant believe your selling that 2171. fully modified 2171 for only 635 dollars. thats really a good buy. well, once you cut with this modified 088 stihl i'm doing for you you will probably sell all your other saws ha. ha.
kd

hello crowe,
Contact dennis and see what type of a deal he will make on a modified 2171. he does excellent work.
I do jonsereds also. give me a call or e-mail me for modifications and prices
Ken
[email protected]
530-589-2744

Hello guys,

I appreciate all the responses. ken I e-mailed Dennis to get some information and prices. Thanks again, Wade Huggins (crowe)

Dennis, that rat Lambert is trying to muscle in on your sale! I would send a couple of "boys" over to Ontario and rearrange his kneecaps if I were you:angel: :jester:

Let git him boys!!! Send in the Mounties, I say!!

First clue I had that trubble wuz brewin' was when the USPS gal rang the doorbell this mornin' with what was supposed to be a Greffardized 346XP, and a Walkerized 372XPG, from you know who. Anyhow, when I saw the Stihl boxes, and the barely holding on packaging tape, I got worried.

And just look at what I found inside.. A ruined 044, and a kinda spent Craftsman.... maybe these were sposed to go to Greff for the chain saw toss....

But does anybody know of gyro making honest mistakes?? Please speak up, before I get my blood pressure too high......Greff? got my saws??

And to top it off, I wuz in a hurry, so i gave him my debit card number to pay for these supposed beauties. Well, the bank just called and said someone tried to collect on $340,000. Good thing it was Cdn funds, my $1642.02 balance woulda covered it, but they stopped the payment. I love my bank....

The 372/2171 is the largest displacement on that platform size. It is a very good choice given the high total number of Husky/Jonsered dealers where you can get parts and service. It is a smooth high performance saw, near state of the art in that weight class in an out-of-the-box pro saw.

Hi Roger, glad you like the saws. Wells Fargo called and we put thru the bounced check again. The good news is that your account is now only 35,000 US. overdrawn.
Anyway, I'll buy you a beverage in Clearwater.
John

Well, um, here's a couple of my saws. Dennis, you got anything from gypo yet?

sedanman,

sold!!

shipping shouldn't be more than 2500 Cdn, if I send it from clearwater......

I should warn you to wear chaps, ear, eye, nose, throat protection, cause gypo is still lernin' saw mods. Be careful hittin the nitrous switch too........

Hi Roger, boy did things get screwed up. Huskyman was supposed to get that 346 and the 372, but he only sent me the purchasers copy of the cashiers check thinking I would fall for it.
So in retaliation I sent him the Craftsmen and foobard 044 COD, but I got your address on it by mistake.
Anyway, since Greff owes me 500$ and Huskyman owes me 935$
could you send the saws to Huskyman and get the money from him and Huskyman can get the 500 from Dennis that he owes me? Dennis owes KD an 090 casing with Cyl. and I owe Ken a Stihl 404 bar tip,so could you send Art Martin that Solo 680 in exchange for that racing chain Uncle Art built me? Babcock still owes me 1800 USD for the work I did for him so send him the Craftsman and puffed 044 just to make him happy.
Just to show you all what I nice guy I am, I will be sending you a couple items for your extra effort.
Thanks,
Gypo

Thanks gypo,

It would be done but I can't get the USPS out on a Sunday. It should be a big relief to not have to wear that bulletproof vest. Babcock sure was spittin mad!!

Thanks for the gift, now I should be able to winch my 4x4 outta the mud.

Like my Brush Bandit/ w tiger on the tank?

Gyro...that sounds like a good deal...so..I am sending Ken the Craftsman, you are sending me the 404 bar tip....Roger is sending Ken the 044...and Doug is sending me the Art martin racing chain?? that will work for me....
Roger, yeah gypo send me the 23, 567.00 usd that I made on the deal...and Huskyman offered an extra 2500.00 for a finders fee...I guess Doug is out of luck on this one...

Back