Bookerdog's PNW Jamboree Grocery List

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Reaction score
A thread for attendees to list what they are bringing so we can figure out what's coming and what's still needed. Please keep the ****-chat on the other threads and leave this one just a list. --thanks

One case of BBQ sauce made here locally by a guy I used to work with. It's mild, but good.

Ian

Last edited:
Thanks Haywire.

BIGBADBOB is bringing Paper plates and that kind of stuff.

Im bringing wood, BQ, and some soda, chips.

Two huckleberry pies for sure, home made salsa, Chocolate chip cookies, 3 chairs maybe more if I can find them, a 6 x4 folding camp table. 36 cute nametag things, one sheet of Barbie stickers. Any need for little camp stoves or espresso makers? I'm planning on arriving Saturday.

Stuff

Brian and I will bring our camp stove, a couple of things of muffins from costco, eggs, bacon, bagels, lunch meat, and a big slab of meat to bbq.
Also will bring pop to drink, chips and some chairs.
Anyone want to bring bread for samiches?
Probably make some dessert too to bring.

I'll bring a Weber BBQ, the charcoal briquette type and some Briquettes. I will also bring 1 or 2 gallons of Tillamook Ice Cream. Congo bars if I can get my wife to make a double batch.

I'll also pick up a sack of Costco frozen chicken thighs. They are great on the BBQ.

Jon

Eat a burger Try a saw!

Since there will already be a BBQ I am going to bring enough burgers & fixings for 10+. I'll have at least 15 saws that anyone who cares too can run in order to help me seperate the "Studs" from the "Duds". None of this bunch are for sale and I'm not planning on bringing any of my ebay saws. So far I see this as more of a FUN event than a sales opportunity.......Bob

We need a head count on who will be there.

Anyone else wants to add to the list, please copy and paste.

Haywire: Case of BBQ sauce

Bookerdog: wood, BQ, and some soda, chips

Slowp: Two huckleberry pies, home made salsa, Chocolate chip cookies

MNTAINGAL23 & Cedarkerf:camp stove, a couple of things of muffins from costco, eggs, bacon, bagels, lunch meat, and a big slab of meat to bbq, pop, chips

Turbocaster: Weber BBQ, briquettes, 1 or 2 gallons of Tillamook Ice Cream. Congo bars if I can get my wife to make a double batch. Costco frozen chicken thighs

Farley9N: burgers & fixings for 10+

bigbadBob: Plates, knives ,forks , spoons for the whole county

Chowdozer: Not sure if Farley's got the burgers covered. Might need more. I'll get some sausages and buns too. Beer.

Last edited:
4 racks of pork ribs.

6+ homemade loaves of wifes sourdough bread. These don't look like store bought bread loaves.

Blacktail burger mixed with bacon for the fat content.

Pasta and potato salads.

Wife says lots of cookies and other goodies thing she can make.

Does anyone have a problem with homemade things? Our huckle berry reserves are gone or we would also bring pies.

We will dredge the shelves for more if we can think of something.

Also our coolers are not the best anymore, is there a place some of this could be unloaded the night before.

Owl

I'm driving up so how 'bout if I bring non-perishables? Paper towels, garbage bags, that kind of stuff? Also, I don't know how many of you keep first-aid kits in your rigs but a few of those wouldn't hurt.

Also, the wife made up some PNW 2008 blank name tags...since most of us don't know each other by sight.

Last edited:
Hand sanitizer stuff and those baby wipe thingies are good to have. I'll try to remember to get some more on the next Wal Marche trip. Anybody good at the art of Tarpology? Just in case it pours? I'm not good at it.

Are the coolers for the drinks, salads and meats covered? I'll buy a few bags of ice and some soda on the drive out Saturday morning from The Dalles.

Haywire: Case of BBQ sauce and some soda and ice bought locally

Slowp: Two huckleberry pies, home made salsa, Chocolate chip cookies, Hand sanitizer stuff and those baby wipe thingies

MNTAINGAL23 & Cedarkerf:camp stove, a couple of things of muffins from costco, eggs, bacon, bagels, lunch meat, and a big slab of meat to bbq, pop, chips

Turbocaster: Weber BBQ, briquettes, 1 or 2 gallons of Tillamook Ice Cream. Congo bars if I can get my wife to make a double batch. Costco frozen chicken thighs

Chowdozer: Not sure if Farley's got the burgers covered. Might need more. I'll get some sausages and buns too. Beer.

Gologit: Paper towels, garbage bags, first aid kits, blank name tags

Spotted Owl: 4 racks of pork ribs, 6+ loaves sourdough bread, Blacktail burgers, Pasta and potato salads, cookies and other homemade goodies.

Hand sanitizer stuff and those baby wipe thingies are good to have. I'll try to remember to get some more on the next Wal Marche trip. Anybody good at the art of Tarpology? Just in case it pours? I'm not good at it.

how about you let me get these? i am beginning to feel pitiful that i am not cooking up stuff to bring... slowp, let me know what baby wipe things work best on the oil & grease if you have a preference... and i can bring hand sanitizer... you can PM me if you want...

Back East we were lead to believe that all you guys from the PNW were tougher'n woodpecker lips and would just show up at a gathering and live off the land.

Baby wipes and hand sanitizer-what is this world coming too?

Haywire: Case of BBQ sauce and some soda and ice bought locally

Slowp: Two huckleberry pies, home made salsa, Chocolate chip cookies, Hand sanitizer stuff and those baby wipe thingies

Gologit: Paper towels, garbage bags, first aid kits, blank name tags

Spotted Owl: 4 racks of pork ribs, 6+ loaves sourdough bread, Blacktail burgers, Pasta and potato salads, cookies and other homemade goodies.

Wood4heat: home made ice cream fixins, unless I missed it somewhere I grab a couple varieties of sandwich bread. (costco sized)

Back East we were lead to believe that all you guys from the PNW were tougher'n woodpecker lips and would just show up at a gathering and live off the land.

Damm that was a goodin

Laugh if you must, but the baby wipes take grease and tree marking paint off hands quite well. And, this gathering sounds like a mini-fire camp to me and I seemed to always catch some kind of lung fungus on fires, so hand sanitizer is a polite thing to do. I've dug my always in the truck baby wipes out a few times when a logger asks, got anything to wipe hands off with?

Back