Erics(woodsjunkie)'s 2159

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken,
Can't wait to get my hands on this one. Looks real good ,You are the man Pictures and every thing.
Eric

Hi Ken,
It looks like that removeable plate on the side gives real good access to the transfers.

How do you keep all of the parts for different saws separated from each other when they're all apart at the same time?

Hello Doug,
You can do a lot more reshaping of the top of the transfer ducts on the 2159 with the removeable side plates. I don't think we ever came up with the reason for the plates but i think well find out soon. I look for a type of extra air injection on the coast portion of the rpm band when the motor goes rich as the throttle plate is closed and the high vacuum pulls in extra fuel. By the way eric this saw should be a stage 4 at least.
doug, i seem to do my best work when I cant really find anything. I'm sure eric's 2159 must have a couple of homelight parts or fasteners on it. Thats why it cuts so fast.
AS my friend and woodland philosopher Lil' leroy lambert always says, ken, your fast no matter how long it takes to modify that 346 husky.
ken

Yeah Ken,
Too bad that those little 346's are so boring to work on. Thankfully, you will have the my 266, the 3120, the 088 and probably at least 2 dozen other saws that will keep you from having to work on it this winter. I'll send Leroy my 2149 G in the meantime so he can have a little saw to use in the bush in lieu of the cobwebbed 346 KD.

Hello Eric,
The saw went out today. Did manage a 1.84 second cut in a 8by 8 inch cznt but the saw needs 2-3 tanks of gas and the carb leaned out, then it should be a bit faster. the tracking no is 1z8523311241215689. let me know how it runs. thanx,
ken
p.s. the ups gal said tuesday.

Hi Ken, 1.84 seconds in an 8x8 cant seems exceptionally fast for a mid displacement woods saw, have you developed this thing into a model that will kick 372 and 044 butt with the right mods? If so, I want to know. How does that time compare to a 372 that you have modified? Thanks, Russ

Ken,
I would say 1.84 in a 8x8 is impressive and not even broke in yet .
Very good for a 3.6 cu. in. saw. I think my 2165G went 2.08 if I remember correctly.
I'm like a kid in a candy store now can't wait to get my hands on the new toy.

Eric's 2159

Hello Eric,
Checked with ups and the saw has left cal. in route to ohio. 1.84 is fast for that sized saw. but it will run faster when it is broken in. I know what you mean when you saw its like being in a candy store, I still get a charge out of starting up a newly modded saw and cutting with it. I got a call from seth this morning, he's really tied up at his mill so hasen't been posting much but said he's run a couple of tanks of fuel thru his 088KD and in a 10 by 10 cant with a 3 cut hot start managed a 2.59 second cut. Thats fast, those boys had better watch out for nelsonfry(Seth). says he's going to send some pictures to abs.
Ken

2159 vrs 372 times

Hello Russ (jokers),
That 2159 is a fast cutting saw but i dont think it will beat your 372. as I remember your 372 was like 1.6 seconds. The 2 372 barrels I had overbored 2 millimeters and renicosiled by US Chrome Cut 1.29 and 1.38 seconds in the 8 by 8 cant but they had different porting schemes.
ken
[email protected]
530-589-2744

Schneurle loop scavenaged transfers

Hello Ben,
Interesting question about the transfers, The old school of thought was that with the schneurle loop scavenge system the thansfer system would shoot the transfer flow backwards to the intake wall and bounce it up to the combustion chamber and you would not have the transfer flow short-circuiting out the exhaust thereby producing more power.I always questioned this because the solo 680 had quad loop transfer systems long before husky came out with there version of quad loops. the 680 solo produced 1 hp more than stihl' and husky's 5 cube version and with modifications just ate them alive in the 5 cube class. when husky came out with quad loops they had considerable more power than the same size 272 husky's that had the single transfers (schnerurle loop design) with the transfers curved to the rear. there are a number of other saw motors that have open loop and quad loop designs that go straight up that produce very strong power output figures. the power output depends more on the time area figures(transfer duration and width) than transfer shape and angle.
ken
[email protected]
530-589-2744

Well shoot, I waited for the BIG brown truck all day today (like a kid @ xmas) No show, hopefully tomarrow :(

erics 2159

Hello Eric,
ken here, just checked, the saw left mansfield terminal at5:15 this morning. should either be delivered or on the big brown truck today. let us know and don't keep all your neighbors up tonight with that noisy chainsaw. lol
ken

Eric,

I know the feeling of waiting for the big brown truck just to see it go by at 100mph as a matter of fact I'm waiting for it as we speak for my new spencer tapes and 2 dozen hard head wedges...Let us know how the saw performs when you get it..

Later Rob.

Well it came today (about 5pm) Didn't get to much time to play before it got dark on me.
All I can say is that I don't think I have ever had a saw in my hands that response quit like this 2159KD dose, It's crisp!! sound extremely fast.
I can't wait until I get a few tanks of gas ran through it,, I will let you all know how it performs in the woods soon...
Ken sorry I missed your call today.. I will get back with ya hopeful tomorrow night after I put some time on it..
PS Thanks for the goodies.

Last edited:
Dan,
Sure glad you like the 2149. If you like a semi stock one you should try one of the PP2149's.
Ken,
I have about 4 tanks of fuel ran through it now and it's really starting to loosen up The chain and bar are getting better but still need some time on them yet.
Once I learned how to start it I really like it Thanks Ken Job WELL DONE

Back