Public Service

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Just testing out my scanner, thought I would try and put up something you guys might like from an old Stihl book.

I am not sure how it will come out, so be patient.

Looks fairly good.Some character drop out but that might just be the age.Might try a little higher resolution.

It took me an hour to get this far, I will play with it some more.................

The other attempts were too large.....

Maybe you could bring the overall dimensions down when you raise the resolution.That would still maintain a fairly small file size.

You could scan in something other than pdf and have all right file sizes with no loss of quality.

That's an idea .... save it as a picture file (bmp, gif, jpg, etc) and then you could adjust it to suit your file size requirements.

Either way, a very interesting document and definitely befitting of the public service tag!

:cheers:

no luck, I am too computer illiterate. Could I e-mail one of you samaritans the two files, and have you post it? I have cleared out a lot of my p.m.s, so if I could get a helping e-mail address.....

This windows vista and I, don't get along.....

I would do it, but I don't have software to work with pdf files. If it was anything but a pdf, I could do it.

I've just taken my camera and took pictures of documents before, and had pretty good results.

Fish

How is that email coming along? I am off work in 35 minutes and only have dial-up at home.

If I get that file in the next 1/2 hour it will all be good, but if I don't get it until after that my dial-up may not be able to handle the file size. :(

Both files are too small for me to improve on.Increase your resolution and then rescan.Take it up to at least 300dpi.

Both files are too small for me to improve on.Increase your resolution and then rescan.Take it up to at least 300dpi.

Fish

I am in the same situation here. I received both of your emails, but the resolution has already been decreased to the point where I cannot do anything with the files.

You will have to start right from the beginning again and re-scan both pages. Then when you save the new scans, increase the resolution (quality). The files will be bigger, but much more clear.

Unfortunately your dial-up will not like you for it, but should still upload the new scans (in the time it takes you to rebuild another saw).

now my e-mail is starting to revolt. Sorry to even start this thread.

I have wasted 3 hours on this ****, and a bunch of beer, well, that is not
wasted.................

I will get up to Lexinton this week, I will scan it then, back to this thread....

I may try to send it to you guys later tonight, I appreciate the help....

problem? what problem?

Let's see.........ya had something to occupy your time while ya drank some beer.............and ya didn't get arrested or nuthin'..........I don't see the problem.:givebeer: :givebeer:

Latest posts

Back