GTG around north carolina 4-18-09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovetheoutdoors

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Has anyone had a gtg near western NC or is anyone thinking about having a gtg near here? i think it would get good results. If you are near here and are interested post away.:cheers:

calvin that would be awesome...cut some wood, fish, then watch some babes walk by.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Brian hosted one in Laurinburg last May. He staged it at (in) his VFD squad building, and it was a great time... Just a few of us but we cut, ate, and cut some more...

It was Loud :greenchainsaw:

Ideally the logs will be suspended off the ground. I've seen on AS had a Bobcat with a grapple holding the logs... Brian had ours strapped down on a flat-deck trailer... pretty slick.

laurinburg not to much of a drive

other side of 95 off 74 is 74 a interstate yet? i know they were working on it couple year ago

getting there is easy now cause wilmington is got a turn pike around it so getting to 74 from 17 is a piece of cake

that new turn pike you enter it right on the outskirts of wilmington and exit it right there by the bridge draw bridge on 17 74 76 where they filmed that one movie about that tractor trailer truck that had the clown face on the hood

maximum overdrive was the name of the movie

would i be able to run some EMS calls if they get any ?

theres one word EMT's Firefighters dont like using or hearing someone say it

it starts with a Q ends with a T

Last edited:
grandfather mountain isnt far at all for me...25min tops

i love grandfather mountain but i was too chicken to go across that bridge they have
those chipmunks they have were very cool looking and very tame
the deer ate out of your hands
the bear was unpredictable

place i like is that one restuarant on the parkway there it like sits right on at least 4 counties one table is on one county line the other is on another county and so on

Last edited:
i love grandfather mountain but i was too chicken to go across that bridge they have
those chipmunks they have were very cool looking and very tame
the deer ate out of your hands
the bear was unpredictable

place i like is that one restuarant on the parkway there it like sits right on at least 4 counties one table is on one county line the other is on another county and so on

calvin they redone that bridge...it doesnt move as much in the wind and yes it is very intimidating...that restuarant you are talking about is louises famous rockhouse...i can be there in about 10min from my house...very good food too.

im sure we would have plenty to show up...i would host it but i dont have enough land and the guy i cut wood on has 110 acres but im not sure he would be up for it. Any of you guys have land and plenty of wood?

Latest posts

Back