who's got the ergovation saddle.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

(WLL)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
looks like i want one. any info on it from other users? r them fixed d's i see?

Some pictures of the Ergovation.

This one has the SRT attachment (central attachment point). Should be available from Sherrill by the end of March.

attachment.php

This one is two alternate bridges that should be available sometime this summer.

attachment.php

I was at a rigging seminar on the 13th and took those pictures.

The arborist wearing it is Ed Carpenter of Corergonomics, him and his sister, a physical therapist, designed the harness. I got to look it over and ask a bunch of questions... SWEET!!

Here is a link to the instructions on Buckingham's website, its big (13 meg)

I was at a rigging seminar on the 13th and took those pictures.

The arborist wearing it is Ed Carpenter of Corergonomics, him and his sister, a physical therapist, designed the harness. I got to look it over and ask a bunch of questions... SWEET!!

Here is a link to the instructions on Buckingham's website, its big (13 meg)

Looks great, but I wish they had put quick release buckles on it. It looks very comfy. I've just gotten to really like the quick release buckles on my B/Fly II.

It comes with a quick release buckle.

I don't think you can use the quick release with the srt attachment, but if you are just using a bridge, the quick release is standard.

You can switch between srt and bridge only in just 4-5 minutes onsite if needed. No tools involved.

It comes with a quick release buckle.

I don't think you can use the quick release with the srt attachment, but if you are just using a bridge, the quick release is standard.

You can switch between srt and bridge only in just 4-5 minutes onsite if needed. No tools involved.

how long does it take to put on?!!

I can be geared up and ready to go in about 45 secs, some of these newer saddles take forever to put on and then the guys take even longer to tie in when they finally do get up. some of the new stuff is great but a lot of it is just a waste of money, and take up room in my gear bag.

thanks for the pics and info Ghillie. :cheers:

Initial setup of the ergo is pretty intense. I've never seen a saddle with this kind of adjustability, but it takes a thorough read through the manual and possibly a demo from an experienced ergo user to get it really dialed. The devil is in the details though, and the difference in comfort and mobility is substantial over my glide2 and navaho after I took the time to set it up.
People have complained about the weight, but it is intended to be an all-around harness over a competition machine as far as I know. It is much lighter than my Glide and has more gear loops which makes it a hit so far.
The modular assembly of this setup make it pretty win win for the owner -- There's so many great options already available for the ergovation and more on the way between bridges/leg options and so on.

Ghillie, It looks like you have La Sportivas on. Thats what I've been climbing in for 9 years now! They are so broken in, and so comfortable. Fit me like a glove. Still totally solid uppers, except for the soles (Vibram) which are just about worn out now w/ 2 holes in bottom. Shoe shops say they can replace the vibrams for $70 tho.

Took me a year to break them in tho, at least.
I think I have the Makalu's w/o the steel shank.

BTW, how much does the harness retail for?

Last edited:
how long does it take to put on?!!

I can be geared up and ready to go in about 45 secs, some of these newer saddles take forever to put on and then the guys take even longer to tie in when they finally do get up. some of the new stuff is great but a lot of it is just a waste of money, and take up room in my gear bag.

thanks for the pics and info Ghillie. :cheers:

I may not be explaining it right. The setup Ed has on is with the SRT attachment already on. The legs had quick release but the waistbelt did not. I did not time him but he was in and out of the harness several times during the seminar quickly.

What I was trying to say is that the harness without the SRT attachment in front has a quick release on the waistbelt. That is the way the harness is shipped when you order it.

Here are some better pictures of Ed climbing taken by his brother in law. The bottom right picture shows the back of the harness and the SRT attachment that goes on the back (red webbing and buckle).

I think there is a lengthy process of adjustment when you get it but after that, seems to don and doff easily.

Initial setup of the ergo is pretty intense. I've never seen a saddle with this kind of adjustability, but it takes a thorough read through the manual and possibly a demo from an experienced ergo user to get it really dialed. The devil is in the details though, and the difference in comfort and mobility is substantial over my glide2 and navaho after I took the time to set it up.
People have complained about the weight, but it is intended to be an all-around harness over a competition machine as far as I know. It is much lighter than my Glide and has more gear loops which makes it a hit so far.
The modular assembly of this setup make it pretty win win for the owner -- There's so many great options already available for the ergovation and more on the way between bridges/leg options and so on.

That's the impression I got comparing the Tree Motion and the Ergo' side by side. The TM looked well built but aimed toward competition. The Ergo' uses heavier webbing and more padding to make long days in it more comfortable and easier on the body.

Greenstar, that's actually not my foot. LOL, I just started using Merrill's for climbing though.

The harness runs (from what I have found) from $475 to $525.

Latest posts

Back