Got the 5200 into some wood and my parents won a stiihl 08 on ebay for $150

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardhat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The poulan 5200 is just a pure animal of a saw. That thing really chews up the wood. Way stronger than the 4200 and feels like it weighs the same as the 4200. I could finish 3 or 4 cuts through the 16" oak before my dad could finish one cut with his wood shark :). I had a lot of fun cutting with it today and then split and stacked the whole tree. Good aeorbic exercise. Now I can go eat a bunch of Mexican food and gas out my wife :). The stihl 08 looks neat. Anybody know how many cc's they are and what all kinds of attachments did they make for this thing. I go through CAD every winter and come out of it some in the summer, but when it gets cold again, I am out working and making sure all 9 of my saws run well.

Well, I am done rambling. Had a good time chainsawing today.

guess it does suck to post without pics. all i could take pics of now is the stack of wood. So I have proof, I'll try to do that tomorrow. Till then all you non-believers enjoy your glory. It is short-lived :).

After all the talk about the 5200 poulan lately I decided to try and track one down. I just snagged one on ebay in craftsman colors under the 5.2 designation. It is great cosmetic shape and is supposed to be a runner with just a fuel line. It also comes with a 30" bar and chain. I'm excited to see if it is as torquey as every one says. Also snagged a great looking and running 245 poulan right as it was listed , for a buy-it-now of $40.00+$15.00 shipping. This will be my first foray into real poulans.

congrats on the 5200. I have one and it is my surprise saw; that means it's power surprises the hell out of everyone that tries it. It will easily run side by side with my muffler modded 064.

Congrats on the new saws. $150 seems a bit steep for a 08. Unless it was super clean, I wouldn't pay more than about $75. I think I paid around $40 for my S-10. I'm just throwing that in here for others that may be shopping. Enjoy your new saws.

Latest posts

Back