How about my 7900.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well a made some cookies with my 7900. It's the same wood, and the same B&C that I used on my 372.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FcjgPYOyCUE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FcjgPYOyCUE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nice, I need to learn how to sharpen a faster chain. I'd like to have a few square chains for fun.

It's a little bit more than just a square chain.;)

I came up with 2.56 for the 7900 and 2.37 for the 272, very close. The log was getting a bit smaller when I made the cuts with the 7900. The 7900 appears to be more forgiving, as my times were more consistent with the 7900.

It's a little bit more than just a square chain.;)

I came up with 2.56 for the 7900 and 2.37 for the 272, very close. The log was getting a bit smaller when I made the cuts with the 7900. The 7900 appears to be more forgiving, as my times were more consistent with the 7900.

Ya I figured so. I meant square would be a good start for me.

It sure is. A modded saw will almost always turn more rpm's than a stock saw, so yes it's hitting the limiter. From what I've been told a modded 7900 without a rev limited coil can turn something like 16,000 rpm.

I'd like to tune a limited saw sometime... Wouldn't you want to tune in the wood? Go rich side--back to lean side (stop when you hear the saw underpowered in either direction), and pick the best spot in the middle?

I thought the 7900 was a little faster but it is very hard to tell. The 372 sounds meaner, kind of like a cornered mountain lion. Thanks for the vids, nice to see two modded saws compared. Now how about those same saws compared in stock version? I have a 7900 to offer, anyone with a bone stock 372 near Rhode Island?

Back