011 AVT gas leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris, I know I promised pictures but it is hard to stop working on something and take snapshots. Your saw is all back together and running with the exception of the throttle cable. I brought one home from work but it was in the wrong bag, it was for an 011AV which takes a longer cable than the 011AVT. So I went and got the right one and proceeded to hide it from myself. I have another on coming (we don't stock too many parts for the avt) and will have your saw tested and on it's way back to you this week. THe fuel leak turned out to be a missing filter on the tank vent hose. Someone replaced the vent hose and tossed the filter. I dug into my spares for a replacement. I'm always looking for cheap (or free) parts saws.

Thanks for the update

Please let me know what I owe for everything & I'll gladly get a check or MO to you. I don't understand what might have happened with the filter. After I had it rebuilt (the itemized invoice that I can't find) the saw was used several times with no problems. Until the tree stump.....

Re cheap or free parts saws--I hope the pickings around your area are better than what I find here. The few saws that show up at the flea markets, garage sales, etc. tend to be newer small Poulans, Macs, Craftsman, the like. The flea market prices here on saws & power tools aren't anything to write home about. A few Echos show up, but they tend to look as though they were about dead when they were dropped from a tree a few times, then ran over, & then tossed into a chipper. I need to take another trip into the Big Thicket/Piney Woods of east Texas (beautiful, worth the drive) to check the fleas for some antiques & hopefully a big (120cc?) project saw. Of course the only use I'd have for such a saw would be to scare my dogs & make the neighbors (& my wife) think that I'm sliding further into the abyss.

I've exchanged a few emails with George Blake, a very patient man whose prices seem more than reasonable.

Again many thanks, Chris

Sedanman/Paul

I received the saw yesterday, but I haven't had a chance to really look at it or run it. I had to go grocery shopping & cook dinner with my wife-she was in a "we need to do something together" mood. I think I noticed a couple of good things, but I'll elaborate after I get to spend some time with the saw. The last time that I trimmed one my trees I intentionally left a few branches--I'm thinking of going into the hat rack business.

Many sincere thanks,

Chris J., 35 days

Very well!

Let me first say it's great to again hear this saw jump from a purr to a growl! Revs out great, with no sign of hestitation in the cut. I did adjust the idle because she'd start on 1-2 pulls, but I'd have to rev her a bit to keep her from dying. Might be my mix of regular unleaded & Castrol 2 cycle mixed at 32:1. First thing that I noticed was the new sprocket-that is much appreciated, as the old one was showing lots wear.

Paul--I don't know enough about saws to list everything that was replaced, cleaned, tuned-up, adjusted, etc. I do know that you put some real time & effort, & more than a sprocket, into this saw. I appreciate what you've done, & hope that I can repay you in some way. We work in different worlds, but I might have some things of interest to you; let me check & I'll send you a PM. Maybe if I ever become a decent saw mechanic I can do the same for someone else.

Also thanks again to everyone for your offers, comments, & interest. Brad-I initially posted a thank you for your offer, but I deleted it when I realized that it was probably directed more to Paul than to me. I should've left the post. Thanks.

Chris J.

Back