015's fix em or sell as is

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ax-man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Waiting for the big snow to hit our area later this afternoon so I thought I would start a thread just to get some feedback because I need to thin out some saws starting with the least valuable and I will never really use to cut wood.

I 've got 3 015's that have just been sitting for the past ten years collecting dust on a shelf in the garage. One is a top handle, another one with a rear handle and the last one has one of those hedge trimmer attachments for trimming bushes and hedges.

Would you fix them up to run or just sell them as is ?? 015's aren't exactly collectable saws to me , there are still many of them out there that still work. 015 's aren't going to have as good a resale value as their counterpart saws like the 020's, and the ms 200's we have today.

I don't know if all of these saws are going to run or not until I fiddle around with them. I can get them to run but is it worth the time to do it ? I don't think a running 015 will bring much more $$$$ than a non runner considering how old these saws are. Right or wrong

Oh, I am not looking for offers just some thoughts because it looks like we are going to have an early winter so I'll have some time to tinker with these small saws but I have other things I can do besides fixing 015's.

They are pretty simple to pull apart and put back together. As someone that has four of them, I've had my fill of messing with them. It seems everytime I get one problem sorted, the next one comes along before I even get to use the saw.

I would never fix up one of these 015`s again just to sell them. I would if I was going to keep one for my collection or use but not to sell. They don`t bring enough to put time and parts into. Get what you can for them as is, there are people out there actually looking for parts saws.

Thanks, I'm on the same page as you guys. I'll probably sell them as is , hopefully there is someone out there who likes 015's. I have torn into the one with the rear handle . It has a leaking, very stiff fuel line , carb air tested ok but is slow to discharge when the metering diaphragm is tripped so it is probably plugged up, it also has a leaky crank seal on the flywheel side. Not really worth fixing . I figure the other two are in about the same condition. I'll find out in the next day or two.

Latest posts

Back