020AV Super ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Gut

A Fine Pilsner
Reaction score
Were the 020AV Super's 40mm jug?

And were the 40mm jugs interchangeable with the 38mm? Looking at my IPL it doesn't list the Model Super but it does show a layout for both the 38mm and 40mm P&C. From what I can see you could swap them out and you can size up your 38mm saw.

I'm rebuilding my 020AVP (38mm)
Rings, carb rebuild, hoses, sprocket cover, sprocket, MM, squish lower, and converting it from rear handle to top handle. Also a fresh paint job.

But I like playing and don't need the saw right now so was gonna bump it to 40mm P&C unless I hear of an issue form yous.

Yes, you can put the 40mm bore cylinder on. They're marked with a $

In all my years this is the first time I've heard of a 020 av . guess they turned into what the 210s/211

In all my years this is the first time I've heard of a 020 av . guess they turned into what the 210s/211
No they would be considered a pro type saw to me. Mag case and all. I would say they were the precursor to the 020t/ms200t and ms 200 with the rear handle if your talking 020avp

Also have the conversion coming for 3/8 LP picco from 1/4in. Oil gear and sprocket.
Primarily because low pro is a lot easier to find.

Questions I have are.
I did do searches on here but didn't find any reading on the comparison between the two. It looks to me like both are well liked. Which is better?

I had a 16in 1/4 pitch on this saw and that worked well. Will 16in with 3/8 low pro be to much for this saw? Should I go shorter bar with this change?

63 PS chain cuts way faster than 13 RM in light wood. I run the 020 avp with both, not a huge difference.

63 PS chain cuts way faster than 13 RM in light wood. I run the 020 avp with both, not a huge difference.
Numbers on this stuff is new to me what's 63PS and 13RM? I'm used to 3/8RS and 404RS. Lol

I picked up a bar today 16in Stihl and Yellow chain RM. Found some RS competition chisel online. Gonna order some soon.

Saw is really coming together lots of parts on order. I'll post picks soon.

IMG_4551-L.jpg

IMG_4550-L.jpg

Great saw, sweet deal!

I'd be interested in trading you a top handle set for a rear handle set.

Latest posts

Back