020av won't rev unless sideways?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
news

while home for lunch i was out in the garage. i filled the tank to eliminate holy fuel line and 'clunk' problems then pulled the saw over to see whats what.

not a single pop. a shot in the carb... still no pop. pull, pull, pull, still no pop.

no time to really do anything right now but i guess i have my work cut out for tonight.
:bang:

I feel your pain man! I've probably had mine apart 20-30 times. It now runs perfectly though. Keep at it!

i'm home early now. i went out to snap a pic of another saw and figured i'd give this one another go while i was out there.

this time it runs!!! and i think i am on to something.
when it is trying to rev but not revving there is enough spitback to spray paint a house! i didn't see that in the dim light outside the garage last night. that, and if you choke the saw while it faulters it does not improve. i think i can rule out a lean condition. :) i also checked compression cold @ 155.

like you i think i will have to go back in. the metering arm was a touch high in the carb when i found it so i left it thinking it must have run that way before................
maybe i will drop it down and go from there.

sounds like the valve timing is out.

On a serious note.It is obviously something in the carb allowing to much fuel to be delivered.

If it works good on its side, that means its trying to tell you it wants to be a felling saw and not a bucking saw, LOL.

Sam

hot damn!!!
i got it!!!

carb metering arm.

it wasn't just that it was too high, it was bent in a manner so that the needle was almost never down.:confused:

when i clean up a carb i usually leave the angle of the arm alone. when i do adjust it i bend the very end that the diaphragm hits. is that wrong?
whoever was in the carb the last time must have bent it below the pivot.

anyways.....
the saw runs great!!!
just a few more pieces to tinker with (brake mech and on/off switch) and she'll be done!

thanks for all the input guys!:yourock:

Latest posts

Back