Husqvarna 350 won't rev up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfields

Reaction score
I have a husqvarna 350 I bought used. It ran great when I first got it, but after cutting for one day, now it wont rev up and stalls out. I have completely replaced the carb, fuel lines and intake boot. When it starts( relatively easy) it will bog down when throttle is opened, and acts like the chain is siezed even though it spins free by hand. Any advice would be appreciated.
Jeff

I have a husqvarna 350 I bought used. It ran great when I first got it, but after cutting for one day, now it wont rev up and stalls out. I have completely replaced the carb, fuel lines and intake boot. When it starts( relatively easy) it will bog down when throttle is opened, and acts like the chain is siezed even though it spins free by hand. Any advice would be appreciated.
Jeff
Pull the muffler and inspect the piston. If it’s scored your gonna need a new piston, possibly a cylinder.

HIGHLY likely the bolts that hold the cylinder riser to the plastic case are loose and a massive air leak is occuring- they are WELL known for that wee trick and requires you to drop the tank to attend to it.
Last one I just did- one bolt had actually fallen out and was missing!
Some form of thread locking compound does not go astray to put them back together- but you have to ensure the riser block is flat and not warped- the seals are in good order and everything else is correct before sending them home.

An air leak will cause the saw to rev up due to a leak condition. I would check the carb screen and see if it is all plugged up with carbon.

Latest posts

Back