024 super/026 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coyote556

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if the piston and cylinder from an 026 will fit on an 024 super. I noticed in the parts manuals they are one digit off. one ends in 1203 and the other ends on 1202. thanks guys.

They should interchange. the crankcases are probaly the same, jsut different cylinder bores, and not much else.

Yes the piston & cyl should swap out between a 024 super and a 026 hence the 024 super and 026 have the same stroke though i am not shure if the wrist pin diam. is the same

Hi
Yes the 026 piston and cylinder will bolt directly on your 024 Super. Both saws have the same pin diameter. The only issue that you will find is that the 024 Super top cover will not bolt on over the 026 cylinder. You will have to trim some of the cooling fins off of the top of the barrel or use the top covers from an 026.
Later
Dan

024 AV (non-super)

How does the 024 AV (non-super) fit into this picture?
I am working on resqueing such a saw from the trash-bin for a friend.
Now it starts an runs seemingly good, but I do not for how long, and I haven't tested it in wood yet...........

Back