024AV how do I muffler mod it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would run it as it is why change out perfectly good parts before they fail.
Kash
Why port a saw, why delete a base gasket, why do a muffler mod?, why replace gaskets, may as well not get out of bed by your logic.......

Ok...I found the oil leak. I added about 100ml of oil, started the saw, it was dripping while cutting one 3inch branch, turned it off and put it down. 20 minutes later a nice puddle of oil and saw is empty. I did open the lid. The leak is not the grommet bit. It's the pump itself. There is a hole facing down, (I assume a breather to get excessive out?). See pic and arrow.
I also tried to take the big flat head screw off but it is stuck. Checking the oem number, it is not matching up with the sparepart diagram but looks like the 65 model. I have temporary put a small screw in that hole and the pump is working, chain getting oil. Is this a common thing? Any easy ways to fix it? Can it be an oring inside the pump? 20220621_225559.jpg20220621_225351.jpg

Don't !!! As others have stated ,, they flow fine stock. Too many relieve the exhaust back pressure too much

Latest posts

Back