025 hop up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is a old thread but I feel like it needs to be answered. I know I have had questions that have never been answered and I was bummed. So here it goes.

The only mod that I can think of is doing a muff mod. That and pulling the limiter caps on the carb and richening it up. For the person asking the question do some research on arborist site about muff mods.

The 025 really wakes up with a port job. I set mine up with a 14 inch bar and 3/8 picco, for use in disc stack competitions. I went wild with the port job, took out the baffle in the muffler, opened up the fins, removed the base gasket and reamed out the high speed (non adjustable on that carb). Little guy screams! going strong after a year, and I expected it to pop after a week!

The 025 really wakes up with a port job. I set mine up with a 14 inch bar and 3/8 picco, for use in disc stack competitions. I went wild with the port job, took out the baffle in the muffler, opened up the fins, removed the base gasket and reamed out the high speed (non adjustable on that carb). Little guy screams! going strong after a year, and I expected it to pop after a week!

An 025 has no base gasket.

025 is a clam shell, cylinder is part of the crankcase. Therefor, no cylinder base and no base gasket.

The 025/MS250 has sealant, but no paper or metal gasket.
I always have a steady supply of 021/023/025 junk saws coming into the shop, so I've messed around with a few. There is a limited amount to do with these saws due to their modular engine design.
For a work saw I'd get a fully adjustable carb off ebay if yours only has the low speed needle. With a flat screw driver you can open up the gills on the muffler and gain a surprising amount.

Back