026 carb question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bchannell

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just bought, what could arguably be called, the nicest 026 Pro you'll ever see. Seems the fellow who bought it new sadly passed and the saw went unused for a while. I bought it, and the machining marks are still on the piston and cylinder, I mean it is NEW. It is one of the later 026 PROS, but that still puts it several years old.

Originally, I had intended to change out the carb (WT403) for a fully adjustable WT426, but after using the saw, it runs like a champ and I'm wondering, is there any real advantage to being able to fatten up the top end some? I mean, I know it would oil the innards slightly better or just use it as is. I really want to make this saw last. The muffler is the open type with only one center baffle, so not much to do there, so I'm pretty happy with the saw, just wondering if there's a good reason to put on an adjustable carb.

Cut that baffled out and triple your opening or out a second port on it then rich en the carb up. Does the current carb not have an H screw or just have the limiter caps? If it has the red caps...didnt think the 0xx saws had them but there easy to pull out and defeat them and they you can rich en up the saw.

But you have to be able to tune the saw?

No hi speed screw, so that's why I haven't done a mm. I guess if I was to mod, then a new carb is indicated.

I know you guys don't think it happens without photos, and I seem to always forget to take them, but here's my "new to me" fantastic 026Pro saw. I'm in the process of making a gnome house for my wife.
gnomehouse.jpg

Unless you want to mod the saw, you don't need an adjustable carb. If you do buy an adjustable carb, there are several that will work. WT-22B, Wt-426, WT-194 all come to mind. I will say though, that there's quite a bit of fine dust in that picture. Do you forget to set your rakers when you filed last? Not trying to pick on you, just something I noticed. Usually I get the fine dust because I've dulled the chain and try to get just a little more out of it.

I do need to sharpen, but I was trimming up the top of the stump, actually shaving it a bit, and that's most of the dust. I know you're not picking on me, hey, I'm always up for some help, I'm not proud!!

I do need to sharpen, but I was trimming up the top of the stump, actually shaving it a bit, and that's most of the dust. I know you're not picking on me, hey, I'm always up for some help, I'm not proud!!

Yeah, It's just hard to convey tone over the forum/text/e-mail. Are you gonna cut the bark off the front and leave the rest of the bark for the roof? I'm really curious as to how the gnome house is going to take shape.

Been really busy, so no progress on the gnome house. I'm looking for some gray, dried out 1" lumber to make a roof out of, but just no time to search the neighbors junk pile for it. Been doing things with grand kids and working, but I'll get to it soon and will post pics.

Back