026 for $325

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:agree2:

I paid less with new piston and rings installed, new oil pump, gear sprocket and warranty for my 026.

I bought one from a Stihl dealer. He had rebuilt the carb, put on new air filter and new chain. The plastic was all good and I got a 30-day warranty. $225

I got mine for $150 from a fellow AS member... (you know who you are!)

Nice saw! (I wouldn't pay over $225 for one, but that's just me)

Before I bought it, I went to an auction last summer. It was a rental place going out of business. I went early to check out the saws, they had 2 ms260 pros. One was pretty rough, the other looked good. I took it outside and started it, It ran decent, idle was way high and chain was loose, but I thought for the right price I'd pick it up.

I bid up to $200 on it (it was a "choice" auction, I hate those), the damn things went for $365. They were RENTALS! People get crazy at auctions.

Last edited:
Get the 034 from amicks... They are great saws and that one looks to be in awsome shape. Hurry up before it tempts me too much :)

I just found out that me dealer has a 260 for $250, I emailed the guy back and asked him if he can compete with that. I will see what he says, givven I do have to travel for it, (I do get in the area for work once a week.) And he says it has a sharpening guide, saftey helmet and hearing protection along with a 16" and 20" bar (which I have.) With chains for both.

I paid $250 for my 026. Sounds like alot but other than some cosmetic, the saw is a great runner. The compression was 175psi when I received it.

Back